Addiction = assignation of ones self

Old 05-14-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Addiction = assignation of ones self

Addiction = assignation of ones self -

The ACTIVE Addict doesn't realize (isn't able to make the connection) therefore, finger points at everyone and blame places in every direction EXCEPT their drug use for being the cause of all their problems and misery ...

What all started in the name of "PARTYING" has now become a prison sentence ... and "the guest" has now become a prisoner - enslaved to drugs and ruled over by the cruelest, most inhuman warden of all "ADDICTION"

Behind the walls of of this self imposed prison sentence the addict abuses drugs and the WARDEN abuses the addict ... the person that once was ... slowly and painfully begins to fade away right before our very eyes ... and I cannot express the devastation that happens to our hearts as we turn ourselves inside out trying to "HELP, FIX, RESCUE" them to the point of sheer exhaustion .. though we do have enough energy left to try to "CONTROL, FORCE, DEMAND" them and it to S T O P - which doesn't work either ... then

We are shocked that after all we try and do to 'save them' he/she seemly hates you to the core of your being.

The vile words he spews at you, the accusations and blames she points at you, the lies, stealing, cheating ... so on and so forth .. The outright mental, emotional and some times even physical abuse you witness is IMHO a mirror of what is going inside the addict (meaning you are getting a front row view of the abuse that the addiction is heaping on to the addict) sadly theirs is self abuse ... but the addicts ability to identify the "TRUE" culprit is fogged by denial .. and anger comes to the fore front and is aimed at whomever or whatever is viewed as an attempt to come between the addict and their drug(s) The assignation within comes outward and begins to wreck havoc on those that are closest to them and who love them the most.

Knowing that this is a forum for "Friends and Family of Substance Abusers" I need not go into all the details of life with the addicted loved one .. because I'm sure you are already far to familiar with all the hellfire and damnation that comes along with the territory of having an addicted loved one in the family - You are here - that says it all

Addict behavior sucks BIG TIME! (and that is putting it mildly) ...

Addict behavior is just that - It isn't YOUR FAULT (though you will get the blame for it as well as being blamed for a list of other things) Addicts BLAME - and will continue to blame place until and unless they arrive at recovery road.

There is nothing YOU can do to help, fix or rescue, save them ... you cannot control them or their addiction your attempts may delay the inevitable but if the addict is going to use "The addict will use" no one or nothing will stop them ..

Active addicts have no more power to stop using then you do trying to get them to stop - Mirror their ability to stop with your ability to get them to stop and their you will see the reality fact (THEY ARE POWERLESS OVER THEIR ADDICTION & YOU ARE POWERLESS OVER THEM AND THEIR ADDICTION) but of course before we truly grasp the truth and reality of this concept ... we bend over backwards attempting to get the addict to stop using .. and usually find ourselves beat up and exasperated ... looking for a lifesaver to grab onto in effort to safe ourself ...

If today you are reading this and you find yourself out in the ocean clinging for YOUR dear life - don't let go ... hang on .. read the forums, post and ask for guidance ... you'll find plenty of hands that will join across the water to reach out to you .. and you can use them to pull yourself to shore - then as you look out at how far you've come you will realize "THIS IS YOUR RECOVERY" and all that you've done to break yourself free has not been in vain .. it has been a process to finding YOUR TRUE VALUE AS A PERSON and creating the kind of life you are worthy of and deserve to have ...

The addicts addiction = Drugs and more drugs
Our addiction = The addict and trying to save them

God grant me the serenity
to accept the people I cannot change;

The courage to change the one I can;
and the wisdom to know it is me.

Passion
Just one of the hands across the water
Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by nytepassion View Post

God grant me the serenity
to accept the people I cannot change;

The courage to change the one I can;
and the wisdom to know it is me.

Thank you

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for this. EXACTLY what I needed.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ditto
Old 05-14-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you
Old 05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Thanks NYTE. Much needed after my son went back to jail today to spend the next 3-5 behind bars. All because he chose to get high.
(((Dakota-Nyte)))
Old 05-14-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks nite, i needed this today
Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Nyte)))))

Thank you so much. I've missed you. Hope your well.
Sending prayers up for you, your children, and tender prayers for Dakota.
With love and gratitude for you,
Linda