They want to discharge AS today

Old 05-14-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

They want to discharge AS today

I got a phone call from AS at rehab late last night. He says they want to discharge him already. He's only been in there for about 5 days. He's detoxed longer than that at home. I feel they need to keep him for at least a couple of weeks. I know though, that he doesn't want to stay. Says it's boring and he's running out of money there. This isn't sounding good. He was warned by his friend's father (who he has been staying with), that if he relapses this is the end of the road.

I am going to call rehab this morning, as see if I can fight to keep him in there at least another week. Need prayers.

Happy Mother's Day, all
Old 05-14-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers, k
Old 05-14-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fight for him to stay longer!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Spoke to a person in admissions. Said she doesn't think the counselor would be discharging him already. Somehow, I knew it. He just doesn't want to be there anymore. I spoke to his friend's dad this morning, and we have a united front. Neither one of us is picking him up until he works the whole program. He is pretty far away from all of us, so if he decides to leave, there is no where to go.

He's pulling the same s---- again.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Louise, I am coming to the conclusion that addicts are very much alike. My AS was in a halfway house the last time he was released from jail & did all he could to get himself out of it. Until they r ready to quit there is not a dran thing anyone can do about it..............noone cannot control another individual even when they r being self-destructive. Do what u can to keep him there but if he is the one wanting out, there is really not much you can do about it
Diane
Old 05-14-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang In There Lousie, Hes In A Safe Place Right Now, I Hope You Get To Keep Him There.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Let him know that his choices are to stay or the streets. He might decide to stay if he knows that he has nowhere else to go. My daughter left after 5 days from rehab. We went and picked her up. No use beating a dead horse. If they don't want the help, then let them leave so that someone who really does can take their bed. I really believe that when they are ready, they will stay as long as needed and do whatever they need to do. With my daughter that will be her decision. I have promised myself to leave her alone and let her fall as far as she needs to fall until she finds the solution herself. Hands off the addict does work to keep me out of the drama. Hugs and prayers, Marle