Visit to rehab goes well

Old 05-13-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

Visit to rehab goes well

Hi All,

I took my son today to visit his Dad in rehab. I was surprised they allowed us to come since AH has only been there a few days, but I guess every Sunday is family day for services. We spent about three hours there and things went well.

AH has decided to stay at the Salvation Army for probably about a month. He talked to his boss and was mostly honest about the situation and thankfully, his boss was ok with it and AH still has his job for now.

I do know that no matter what AH chooses, my life won't be much different, I still have to find a job (not working b/c I'm a full time grad student) and I'm still on my own being a single mom. I'm glad he wants to stay there and work on himself.

My son is doing so well with the situation and I am so proud of him.

Just wanted to update with peaceful news and wish everyone a Happy Mom's Day!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you had a good visit and that your AH has decided to stay at SA. Happy Mother's Day! Hugs
Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Meggie, I am glad that things are more peaceful for you. Sending prayers that you find a job, your husband finds recovery. Special prayers for your little one. Hugs and Happy Mother's Day. Marle
Old 05-13-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Have you looked for work at school? I actually got paid a bit more and it was tax free as part of the financial aid package. I would look into that first.

I am proud of you and all the steps you have made. If you have any questions about the work thing, feel free to ask away, I've been working at school for a bit of time now in a number of jobs.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

so happy today was peaceful for you-you deserve it--sounds like you have a wonderful son!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
mother-ani-2.gif (2.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-13-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Oh, Meggie, your son is doing great because he has a great mother who has given him his foundation! I am so proud of you. Keep focused on how well you and AR have done. AH needs to concentrate on his recovery and Lord help him that he can be half the man you are a woman!