so, right now, it is what it is...

Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so, right now, it is what it is...

and i am at peace with my decision...

i talked to my sister and lil guys dad last nite til 2 in the morning - they wanted to come pick up lil guys on saturday -after three months of almost no contact and two weeks (i thought it was on ly one week but app. it's two) of treatment - i told them that i didn't go through three months of hell, putting my marriage and family on the line, to do whats best for their kids and protect them, for them to think that they can be sober for two weeks and come fu&^ it all up - i will NEVER go through anything like this again - it's been hard - i told them that they need to have a plan - a real plan - jobs, housing, what they will do if they relapse (ie; who they will call, etc) budgets, and in that plan they better really think about what is best for their kids - and then we can talk about them getting their kids - that i won't let them come here, see the kids and leave me to pick up the pieces - i've put enough broken pieces back together these past three months to feel like humpty dumpty's orthopedic surgeon (i still kept my charming sense of humor ) ...

so that's where were at - they agreed that they have to think of what's best for the kids - and that they need some sort of real plan - and when i feel - in my heart and in my head - ok with what they show me (though their words and actions) we can talk about them picking up the kids...

thanks everybody - for sharing your experience and your heart - tonight i go to my favorite meeting with some of my favorite people - today is a good day...

love,
s
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You did the right thing, I'm glad your Ok with your decision. Keeping your family in my prayers.
Jenna
Old 05-10-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wonderful Itis. Im so very happy you made boundaries and stuck to it. Im also very happy that the mom and dad were willing to go with what you placed for boundaries. To me that was very good sign of recovery.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your plan sounds like a good one. I think what you are doing for those kids is great, they need someone to look out for them. I'm also glad that your sis seems to understand that, and that you are ok with the decisions made.
Keep up the great work, I think you truly are those kids' gaurdian angel!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

so that's where were at - they agreed that they have to think of what's best for the kids - and that they need some sort of real plan - and when i feel - in my heart and in my head - ok with what they show me (though their words and actions) we can talk about them picking up the kids...
And they agreed with this!! Wonderful...wonderful. I know my addicts are so danged headstrong, this would have been another big blowup. I think this is a VERY postitive sign, and send prayers for strength and wisdom when it comes to your boundaries.

((((Itiswhatitis))))
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks for the update, i think you are making some good decisions concerning the kids, you are such a good sis and aunt. i'm still praying for all of you
Old 05-10-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Ohhh, girl...
You are soooooo doin the right thing!!! Those kids hit the jackpot when you stepped up to the plate. Bless you for what you are doing.

NSW
Old 05-10-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are a wonderful person for putting those children first and standing up for them against addiction. Not an easy thing to do. God bless you. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you did the right thing.kids first at all times.prayers,
Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I still say that these kids are so lucky to have you
Old 05-10-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If I knew how to post a clapping smiley I would...
Good for you, and I am at this moment thanking God for sending you into these children's lives....
Old 05-11-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs, k
Old 05-11-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You'e still my hero

~Cat