I Hereby Declare....We ARE Worthy!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I Hereby Declare....We ARE Worthy!!!

The "Language of Letting Go" reading today inspired me to write this post. Maybe read it first to get the hang of this.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...o-may-8-a.html

We ARE worthy....worthy of love, respect, self-care and gifts to ourselves!! Yes, we ARE!

I know that I have spent so much of my life giving to everyone else, giving to my family and those I love, sometimes at the expense of depriving myself. Noble? Nope, just pure Codie.

Sooooo....just for today, let's each one of us give ourselves a little precious gift, one that screams "I AM worthy!"

Maybe a special scented candle that we will actually light and enjoy today.

Maybe some bubble bath so we can soak in our own worthiness and let the rest of the world stay outside our bathroom door for a while.

Maybe it will be an hour of time, just for us, to take a nice walk in the park or the beach or whatever is near us where we can just go and breathe the fresh air and notice all the beauty that surrounds us.

Maybe a new book, or one from the library, that will take our minds someplace wonderful and fun.

Maybe some special time to go for coffee or lunch with a friend who already knows we are worthy.

Add your suggestions, tell us your plans and let us know how they turned out.

This codie hereby declares today "INTERNATIONAL 'WE ARE WORTHY' DAY".

Hugs of Worthiness
Old 05-08-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think today, i'll go rent me a couple of movies and just rest. thanks for asking ann
Old 05-08-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I AM WORTHY.

I deserve the best.

HOORAY for us
Old 05-08-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yeeeeee Hawwww! They're starting already. We ARE worthy! We ARE special!!

Maybe a flower, just for that special person....US.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've already started. Took a long walk in the park last night. Went shopping over the weekend. Life does go on.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ann~
Another lovely and inspiring post.

I am worthy... so I can focus on my own life and believe my life is worthy and special enough to focus on. That I am okay just as I am and I do not need anyone else supplementing myself because I feel ME alone is inadequate and I need some of the "good stuff" others have, that I lack.

I am worthy....so I can believe I deserve the best.
I am worthy...

I, too, have spent so much of my life wading around in the "undeserving" and self-loathing muck that I called a life, praying for someone to lift me out of it, throw me a lifeline.
This I am seeing is my problem.
Because what I am looking for can be found no where else but within.

Will think about what to do for ME today admist studying for finals and here's to hoping all of you can take a step to believe you're worthy regardless of the resistance encountered.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh I AM WORTHY!!!!

I was not going to buy anything at the Pampered Chef party I have to go to tonight but I sure am now! I kept thinking well, I need to get this for the house and AH needs some new blue jeans, I've got to get mother's day gifts, so there's just not enough money for me to buy anything.

WELL, ya know what, I'm going to buy something for me tonight because I love to cook and bake and want a new kitchen gadget!

Thanks Ann
Old 05-08-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's amazing how we always come up with the money when someone else "needs" it and often leave nothing in the budget for ourselves.

It doesn't even have to be about money, so many gifts in life cost nothing except our participation in the joy.

What is pricesless, a treasure we all own, is the "knowing" that we are worthy, that our feelings are valid, and that our life means something to the universe and most importantly to ourselves.

I am stopping on my way to a client's today to buy myself a spiffy new summer bag, a purse that will hold my camera and all my "stuff" that I carry with me and it will be pretty and frivolous and very very special. It will be my "Worthy" bag and will remind me each time I use it that I AM a person who is just ever so worthy of a bag this special.

Worthy, Worthy Hugs
Old 05-08-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Thanks for this, Ann!

Hmmm....what to do for 'We Are Worthy Day'.....let me think.....

I think what I will do it go out and get some beautiful flowers in hanging baskets for my front porch. My home is really beautiful, not huge or fancy, but on a nice piece of property with a wonderful view. I have spent many, many years just existing here instead of living.

My precious daddy, who went to be with the Lord last August, loved flowers and taught me to do the same. Over the years, he & I planted lots of flowers and shrubs that AH then ripped up because he found it inconvenient to mow around the beds, or he wanted to do some project or other-for example, the used hot tub he bought; he uprooted the lovely garden that I could see out the kitchen window to build this elaborate gazebo thing; the stupid hot tub never worked and he never even finished the monstrosity of a 'gazebo' he was building. It's been sitting there for over three years just being a useless eyesore. I have sold the whole thing to a friend that will come and tear it down and get it out of here, as soon as the property settlement is final! *HUGE grin*

So my gift to myself is to start living here instead of existing; to make this home truly mine in a way that I have never felt that it was, and I will start with planting some flowers.

Again, thanks for this Ann!! Have a wonderful We Are Worthy Day!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm all about gardening right now, getting ready for summer. i'm actually excited to be weeding! blessings, k
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

just for today i am going to take time out just for me.it is raining & have been wanting to start my project,scrapbook of " our vacations" at our Time Share. i am going to focus on me & what i want to do for a change instead of what someone else wants me to be doing.i deserve to respect my wants in life, even the most little things. thanks ann for starting this post.hugs,
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

yeah i AM worthy - a whole day of being worthy - these past few months have been a whirlwind of *taking care of me* - it started when my sons counselor in an iop program told me *i was the one with the problem - what was i going to do about me?* - thank god he thought to tell me that - it's made such a difference in my life - and coming here - every single post - whether i *take what i need or leave it have read* has touched me - the people who have shared with me mean more to me than you can imagine - reading something here when i really need it *and knowing i read it just when i needed to* (thanks higher power) is just awe inspiring - so for i am worthy day i'm going to be grateful for all that i have *right now* thanks to all that you have helped me to become - true friends helping each other find our way in the world - WE ARE WORTHY!!!!...

and for that i am grateful...

love,
s
Old 05-08-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by hope213 View Post
my project,scrapbook of " our vacations" at our Time Share
Ahhh!! A fellow scrapbooker! I'm lovin it!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's amazing how we always come up with the money when someone else "needs" it and often leave nothing in the budget for ourselves.
Yes it is and I am horrible about it.

I love Pampered Chef and its been a LONG time since I was able to buy something from there. I'm just excited about it now! I wasn't looking forward to the party because I wasn't going to buy anything but now that I have committed myself to getting something, I am excited!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yeahh!! Jwife is excited and so am I. Lookout world, Jwife may buy a knife

Gotta run shopping and to work, so keep on throwing these great ideas out here and know that you are soooooo worthy, yes you ARE!!

Hugs
Old 05-08-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

great post, Ann!!

Thanks!!

Yep...I AM worthy.
I quit smoking yesterday.
This will be my 7th or 8th attempt in the last two years but this time I'm gonna make it stick. Why? Because I deserve to live a long, healthy life. I deserve to smell nice and have extra money in my wallet. Unlike past attempts, I'm not doing this because "I should"...but because I want to. I'm doing it for me. And I'm gonna keep on doing it one day at a time.

Oh...and I might go out and buy some hanging flower baskets for the front of my house too
Old 05-08-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
To Life!

YEA!!!
I just LOVE this thread!!!
Cuz, we are ALL worthy!!!

I've been playing in the dirt -- lettuces and broccoli planted thus far.

Thanks for the thread, Ann
and all you other WORTHY women!!!

Shalom!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm so glad this got so many of you on a mission of worthiness

I didn't get my bag, but I ordered one that I love and it is worthy of the wait.

I've changed my mind....I declare this "International 'I am Worthy" WEEK" because we ARE worthy of a whole week and besides that will give us time to do more nice things for ourselves.

Hugs of Worthiness
Old 05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

A whole week????Well, I have been working 7 days a week for about 5 weeks, not whole days, but lots of them. I have hired a wonderful carpenter to work on the hovel I call home and I love my bedroom. I bought new sheets and pillows[beautiful and luxurious], for my bed because I deserve it. I am going to live my life with beautiful surroundings, doesn't need to cost a fortune, but I am gonna love it...Thanx Ann for this thread.....Marian
Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ill continue lighting my vanilla candle at work