Maybe you see yourself, maybe you don't, I do

Old 05-06-2007, 01:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Maybe you see yourself, maybe you don't, I do

http://dictionary.reference.com/

The definitions of your emotions or feelings if it could be described.

Love

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
8. (initial capital letter) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
10. strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
11. the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
13. Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
14. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
–verb (used with object) 15. to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
16. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
17. to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
18. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
19. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
20. to have sexual intercourse with.
–verb (used without object) 21. to have love or affection for another person; be in love.
—Verb phrase22. love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.
—Idioms23. for love, a. out of affection or liking; for pleasure.
b. without compensation; gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.

24. for the love of, in consideration of; for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
25. in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
26. in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.); enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.
27. make love, a. to embrace and kiss as lovers.
b. to engage in sexual activity.

28. no love lost, dislike; animosity: There was no love lost between the two brothers.

Hate -

1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
2. to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.
–verb (used without object) 3. to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.
–noun 4. intense dislike; extreme aversion or hostility.
5. the object of extreme aversion or hostility.

obsession -

1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.
Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.
an irrational motive for performing trivial or repetitive actions, even against your will; "her compulsion to wash her hands repeatedly" [syn: compulsion]
2. an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone

Co-dependent -

Mutually dependent.
Of or relating to a relationship in which one person is psychologically dependent in an unhealthy way on someone who is addicted to a drug or self-destructive behavior, such as chronic gambling.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear MorningGlory, I wanted to let you know I really enjoy your posts. I really liked the poem. This was the 1st time I have been that forum. Since I joined SR I have been going to this one.
Thanks so much for sharing,
Love,
Diane
PS I felt after reading the definition of Love, love really is everything.

Last edited by rozied; 05-06-2007 at 04:00 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oops
Old 05-06-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks noah, i see me in a lot of this
Old 05-06-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

Sorry Noah, I somehow got posts confused this am. I like your definition of love........so in other words love is everything........my perception.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rozied - I must give kuddos to the fine folks who first felt and deffined Love and it was not me. To myself, love is everything. Love is the reason I wake up early to go work and what makes me go to bed early to do it all over again the next day. Love is holding in your arms a sick puppy at 2 am until dawn waiting for the vets to open. Love is staying up 4 days straight trying to save her sister from Parvo. Love is driving across country to help someone you love with no gurantees on the future. Love is saying hello to a stranger and goodbye to a loved one who is leaving life. Love is riding your motorcycle at 90 mph with the best friends anyone could ask for and praying we all get back in one piece. Love is a vacation on the a beach in Mexico sipping margaritas while the whole time dodging giant iguanas. Love is seeing the Canadian rockies for the first time and swearing your in heaven. Love is reeling in a 55 pound halibut in Alaska while watching the Orcas whales break the water 500 ft. away. Love is watching an eagle flying and love is trying to be quite enough, to get close enough, to snap that perfect picture. Love is getting that perfect picture! Love is looking over the grand canyon and feeling small. Love is driving through a snow storm to have your picture taken by Yellowstone national parks sign, knowing that it is closed and loving every minute of it. Love is crossing the contental divide repeadily in four diffrent states and 2 diffrent countries, that still confuses me. Love is going fishing with my father and he catches more fish than i do. Love is knowing whatever life that I have left, there will always be a reason to love. It is everything to me and for me its not that hard to find.