SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/122659-penny-your-thoughts-part-7-a.html)

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 04:59 PM

Teke, unless your plans are on traveling and living it up dont let them push you out of your home, make it you castle

teke 05-04-2007 05:04 PM

sound like me cinder, i'll get up,go do what ever it is that i have to do, then before you know it, i'm back at the comp. its my daughter's turn to use the comp tonite, last night was my son's night, but she is busy playing with her little neices and nephew, they are 1,3&4. she's a big help when they are here, but i keep saying to my older kids that old folks don't always want to hear all of that noise of little people playing. i think my daughter gets kind of bored and enjoy them so much.

teke 05-04-2007 05:08 PM

i think that i've been too easy of a mom, i don't know, let them tell it i fuss all the time, if that was the case, why is it that they don't all stay at home at the same time. if its not one family, its another, and then another and another. thats 4 different families and thats not counting my stepson.

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:11 PM

You may not be too easy as a mom, but rather just the facts that with a large family there are gonna be lots of visitors. SLowly start setting boundaries. Tell tehm if you need it quiet, or maybe when you get your room decor right retreat to there, they'll get the message

teke 05-04-2007 05:12 PM

my dil called me talking about babysitting tonight, i had to tell her no, that they must think that i don't have anything else to do that i might possibly like better than to keep kids 24/7. i mean they are all pretty good kids and do take care of them, but for some reason they think this grandma is suppose to spend the rest of her days keeping babies. think they're gonna give me car seats and strollers to keep in my car, uh uh, no way, i tell them, my car seat, stroller and diaper days are over, in case i forgot to tell them.LOL

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:13 PM

I should do my toes too

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:14 PM

Teke, I was upset when my mom first start refusing, but I got past it, and they will too

Lovestoomuch 05-04-2007 05:15 PM

Well guys.....I guess this is it. Fairwell..........is that one word or 2..........anyhow........Noah is on his way home and I'll be spending some much needed time with my honey before I jet out of here. I'm leaving at like 3am............lol..........

I stopped from the chaos of cleaning and packing to pick some wild black berries. We have bushes of them along our fence line. Now there's something you don't see in Florida. I really enjoyed myself.......got really scratched up, but my mom will love them.

Till I can get to a puter, I'll be thinking of you all alot. Keep your chin's up and don't let the "guys" get you down. You're stronger than you know and I have a sneeky huntch you can do anything you put your minds to. I'm proud to call you guys my friends.
Big Hugs everyone.......and have a good weekend.

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:18 PM

Loves, amke sure you catch up with me this time.

Remember you can log on to myspace at any public library

teke 05-04-2007 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids (Post 1318683)
You may not be too easy as a mom, but rather just the facts that with a large family there are gonna be lots of visitors. SLowly start setting boundaries. Tell tehm if you need it quiet, or maybe when you get your room decor right retreat to there, they'll get the message

n
believe it or not cinder, i do retreat to my room, its already pretty much decorated but they don't care about me retreating to my room, they act like they are at home like when they were little, they just carry on, even if i stay in my room the whole time. they don't care if i'm not even at home, if they can get in, then thats that, it like they have two homes. i guess thats the consequences of having so many children you don't know what to do, huh/ like the old lady in the shoe.LOl

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:19 PM

GRRR I really dont want to start going through boxes

teke 05-04-2007 05:22 PM

hopefully it'll be all worth it tomorrow cindi, my sis is having a yard sale tomorrow too, but i won't be going there, i think she looks forward to me coming to her yard sales, but i'm kind of addicted to spending too, so i have to set boundaries around my spending and its easier to stick to them if i don't go where i can spend it. motto, if i don't want to spend all my money, then dont' go to the store. its a struggle at times too.

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:28 PM

lol. Your not the old woman in the shoe, but I have to say it is a big family thing, when all clean I think my MILs kids do the same

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:31 PM

You sound like me Teke with the spending part. I didnt advertise my sale, but my neighbors having one, so I figure the people who come to hers will come to mine, hee hee. I dont really ahve much good stuff but if I make $5 thats $5 I didnt have.
I ahve shoes all sizes, clothes my old ones and some of big boys, dishes, books and 2 desks

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:32 PM

and I almost forgot, 4 toddler car seats

cinderellawkids 05-04-2007 05:46 PM

Funny Ive thrown 2 boxes of garbage out and I just moved here 4 months ago. Most garbage is still at other house