Update on the house....

Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just for today....

Update on the house....

Well, it appears as though we have worked everything out with the mortgage company. It will not be going to sherriff sale and they have dropped the foreclosure process.
I guess all you need to do is get someone who actually knows what they are doing and has a desire to try and help. We spoke to a portfolio manager who took one look at the proposed 3,000 payment schedule and said there was no way, could not believe that the representative who wrote up the payment contract would even propose such a payment. Soooo she re worked some numbers and voila, we are almost right back to our normal payment, plus a couple hundred extra for taxes that are now rolled into the mortgage. Isn't it funny how in customer service issues you can get someone who will go above and beyond to help and make things right, or someone who can force you into foreclosure with their help? Amazing. Makes me want to give a little "extra" at my job today....
I was really really happy about this. What a load lifted off my shoulders.
So, I guess we won't be homeless after all

Now we have a whole new appreciation for the house after we almost had to leave, This morning when I was leaving for work, I took an extra long look at my house with a big sigh of relief and said some extra thank you's to the powers that be. I thought I wanted to leave it, I really did but I guess you really don't know what you got until it's gone... Thanks to everyone for helping me through this process
I think we are going to be alright!

((Hugs)))

Frog
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Froglegs, thanks so much for the update. Sounds like really great news. It seemed odd to me that they wanted so much money. Glad you found someone who actually wanted to work and did their job well!

Hugs,
jewel
Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

froglegs,
I'm so happy for you!
cmc
Old 05-02-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

Yes! I am so happy to hear this. I'm glad you found someone willing to listen and work it out with you. Congrats!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Froglegs, I am glad you got to keep the house. I had read somewhere recently that there are ways to work things out to prevent foreclosure. Happy to hear you found someone who was willing to work for you. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-02-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear the good news, thanks for the update, still praying for ya
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Froggie, this is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you that you found someone who was willing to work with you to make things happen. HP at work, for sure!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

froglegs, i am happy you have your house.sometimes we do not appreciate things till we lose them,or almost lose them.we have alot to be thankful for if we stop & actually look at what we have. that was good news tonite..