The Hardest Time

Old 05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Hardest Time

This is when things are the hardest for me. I just came back from the doctor & I have a bladder infection, torn shoulder muscle, need to see a cardiologist & neurologist. And I have a high fever for an adult. And I feel like crap.

That's when I miss my ex the most. Because, good or bad, he is the ONLY one who ever really took care of me or cared about what was happening before he relapsed.

And the people I live with, sad to say, don't really care how I feel. They are too caught up in their own drama.

Lynne
Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lynne, I am sorry that you are hurting. When I broke my knee, I called my AD. Don't know why except I wanted people to care. I had not seen or talked to her in over two months, but it was important to me to let her know. It did not turn out so good and now I kind of regret doing it. Just know that I am sending you some hugs and some prayers for fast healing. I went on line and bought myself some Godiva chocolates. May not be as good as having someone take care of you, but it made me feel better. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
krhea75

You have people here who care about you....I know how it is to feel alone..I was divorced after 22 years of what I thought was a good marriage, one son started getting high, the other went to college and made some bad choices. So now I live by myself most of the time. I am coming to terms with that. But it does suck when you don't feel well....marles' idea of buying chocolate is great! find some way to tell yourself that you are loved.
krhea
Old 05-01-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

This is when things are the hardest for me. I just came back from the doctor & I have a bladder infection, torn shoulder muscle, need to see a cardiologist & neurologist. And I have a high fever for an adult. And I feel like crap.
Dammit, hon, you are just gonna HAVE to give up that mud wrestlin' on the weekends... your body just cannot take it anymore.... (grin).

I am sorry you are hurting... and I do know how hard it is to be sick and alone. Please know you are in my prayers....and thoughts. And I am glad you posted this - a way of reaching out. Sometimes, we have to reach out in order to let others know what we need.

((hugs))
Old 05-01-2007, 10:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm sorry you're hurting too, hope you feel better sonn, i'll keep praying for you and yours
Old 05-01-2007, 11:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Lynne, I also am so sorry you are sick. It is more than understandable that at times like this you miss him the most. When we are sick we are more vulnerable. I hope & pray you feel better soon. Have a hot cup of tea, and get nice & cozy. Snuggle under the covers with the tv on. Do everything you can to pamper yourself. It is ok to pamper yourself, especially when you are not feeling well.
Love,
Diane
Old 05-01-2007, 11:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

when I'm sick I lay in bed all day and watch Lifetime..................sad boo hoo movies and then I sleep sleep sleep............and trust me not only do you not need someone there with you, you dont want anyone there..........at least I dont
hope you feel better very soon
Old 05-02-2007, 04:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i hope you get better soon.take care of yourself & do as the dr. says.hugs,
Old 05-02-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs to you, k
Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sending hugs too, to let you know that I care. And I know how awful it feels when people who we have cared for all our lives just don't appear to care when it's US that needs some TLC.

Last edited by Ann; 07-03-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

BlackRose, I am sorry you are hurting. You posted on my thread recently and it meant so much to me. If I were close to you I would come take care of you! You are loved and cared about by many here!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Blackrose,

Sending you a virtual bouquet of flowers, a (gentle) hug, a cup of warm tea, and my prayers that you'll feel better soon. We'll take care of you.

GL
Old 05-02-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I guess it's hard realizing that the family I have is very self-centered & only care about themselves. Makes me think I'm adopted. (Just kidding) I come from a family where you don't express emotions. We don't touch & I don't ever think my parents have ever said they loved me. I have to give my ex credit for one thing. He taught me how to express love, how to hug someone & let them near me. And I'm doing that with my granddaughter. And it is the most wonderful gift he ever gave me & I'm passing it on.

Lynne