A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 6

Old 05-01-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
I am curious where is the location where everyone is thinking of camping at. I am curious to see how much it would cost to stay.

Noone got that far. We were talking about trying to find a middle location for some of us to meet and I added in camping may be cheaper, adn it went from there. Pick a place Jewelz.

I was thinking Virgina and Carolina areas are half way between NY and Florida, and Teke being on the Western end of GA, about the same distance for her too, or possibly a bit less for her.

Loves, you missed the last 20 posts on the last thread
Old 05-01-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If it helps Im off I-95 and Teke's off I-75
Old 05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Well..........I'm the world traveler here......
So.......you just tell me where and I might get there by the end of the vacation........
Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I think I would like the carolina's just because I always wanted to go out that way. I know theres a song out there about going to the Carolinas I love it but forgot the name.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Loves, you are to come to Daytona Beach, Florida. You by-passed me last time
Old 05-01-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

What about just North of Teke by a few hours, then I can head that way and she can follow me or ride with. Somewhere in or along the Blue Ridge Parkway and Western North Carolina. I know theres a lot of SR members in Ashville NC or near there as well that may like to join us. Rayofsunshine, if reading this chime in, up for camping? Abtch?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Loves, you are to come to Daytona Beach, Florida. You by-passed me last time
I'm Planning on it honey!! I'll be down in Florida for a while and I believe you're only like 3 hours or so away from me. We'll have to make plans and do a get together for sure this time.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

ok I am taking a look around.... how long do you think we should stay for?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

One thing I got to say is that I doubt I would be able to sleep in a tent... sounds dreadful with kids but maybe I am wrong...
Old 05-01-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Ok here is something I saw just now $1500. for a week but it has four families stay in one cabin having one room each that would be $375 for each of us not including the taxes.... I dont know much about camping so is that expensive?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

anvil, you made me laugh because my daughte HATES bugs.... something to think about.

Are u guys thinking of tents?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
As long as Im in the top five, Im happy, not too hard to please.
HEEHEE.

So whats for dinner everyone?

Anvil, you commented about our camping trip planned as far from you as possible, I have to say as far from you as possible would be Key West Florida, butt noone wants to meet me there.

So we all decided since you make the most money and all, that you could fly in for the camping trip. LOL
maybe if thats the case cinder, maybe anvil can fiy us all in.LOL now that would be nice thing to do anvil.

i go to the store and come back here and i have a whole day of catching up to do.
i don't know what i'm gonna do with you guys.

Last edited by teke; 05-01-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

LOL, Anvil I was just looking at another site where its camping camping site no cabins.. I look at the price $35.00 a day i thought thats not to bad and from the pictures it offers it seemed pretty cool until I thought of bears coming at my tent.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by ConcernedBigSis View Post
You're all wrong... It's all about me! haha

Just sitting here wondering when the s**t is going to hit the fan again. Things just seem to be going too well lately; RAH is getting our yard ready for the house(supposed to come JUNE 24TH!!!) and he just bought me a new truck last week...He's been so great lately.. it almost scares me... I think either he's grown up a bit and started taking some responsibility... or someone replaced his brain with a working one!
just keep one eye open, s**t don't HAVE to hit the fan. congrats on your new truck and i pray that he continues to do well, good for you
Old 05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

LOL, Anvil I was just looking at another site where its camping camping site no cabins.. I look at the price $35.00 a day i thought thats not to bad and from the pictures it offers it seemed pretty cool until I thought of bears coming at my tent.

You city girls make me smile!! LOL
All you need is a big ole tent, sleeping bags, a cooler or 2, mosquito spray and a solar shower. heehee

Remember..........I survived all those nasty hurricanes. I've got camping supplies out the wazoo. I even have some kick butt tent fans.

My girls and I love to camp. We used to catch fire flies and put them in little jars we made with tiny holes cut out in the top. I miss the days where we'd load up the 4 wheelers and set off on a weekend camping trip............so much fun!!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

anvil you just made such a beautiful picture... thank you

I never been camping.. I think you guys might have created a monster with this stuff.. now I have something to google LOL.

Now my job just needs to get a receptionist so I dont have to keep geting interupted by phone calls and people asking annoying questions.

Jewel
Old 05-01-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Loves, you got it right I am a city girl all the way.... It seems so odd to me in sleeping in a tent.. doesnt your back hurt when you wake up?

But if thats what you guys want to do I will do tents. I think I would get a two room tent and keep the kids on one side and me in the other until they crawl probably lay on top of me.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

It seems so odd to me in sleeping in a tent.. doesnt your back hurt when you wake up?
I have one of those blow up mattresses.........lol......I'm a country girl, but I gots to have my comfort stuff!!......or......they make tent cots........they make just about anything you need...tent lights.......heck......some of the expensive ones even come with little air conditioners.......lol......but IMO......that's just not camping less you wake up and have that need to jump in the creek. It's just so much fun to be one with nature as much as you can stand it.......lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Anvil, Loves you guys are really making me smile with the images in my mind. God I need to learn to drive so I could get the heck out of NYC.

if I had a car I would love to just go on a road trip to anywhere out of ny.. I could see my daughter and I in the car listening to music and singning on top of our lungs looking foolish but just so happy. I think you guys just sparked something in me.. dont be surprised if you here I am taking driving lessons within the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you guys are funny.

now jewelz aren't you the sec, that your job thought they hired or no? are you saying that you need someone to cover for you while you chat a little?

loves, anvil, cinder, jewelz, you guys have got to be kidding, i physically cant run, i aint going nowhere to be mauled by no bear, if you want me to go, yall gonna have to come up with something else, and whats a solar shower anyway?

oh yeah, loves glad you checked in, just a few post ago, probably on that last page of pt 5, we all were just asking about you. tell your daughter congrats for her aunts at sr. and congrats to you grandma. what did you think she was gonna say, loves, she's HAVING A BABY. shoot i hollered for my mommie too, told ah to get the h** out the room, i want my mama,LOL

anvil, i don't like that post thingie either, i wished it could be turned off too, when i clicked review post and then send again, it goes through, at least it did the last two times i had that to happen. who started that anyway, just kidding.