A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 6

Old 05-03-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Enjoy the shower while it lasts!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
grateful rca

anvil, i keep thinking to try one of those mattresses, but i'll have to save the money for it, so i don't know. looks like i'm gonna have to invest in one and just see how it works with my neck and back issues. yeah, i had enough to pay all my bills and have already done that this morning, now i can move right along and go get my babies some dog food. gonna do a little straightening the house and then i'll be gone for a minute.

wondering about husband this morning but thats all i'm thinking about doing is wondering. my mom wants to go to the store with me but thats an all day thing with her, i try to do what she ask me to do, but a lot of the time, i just don't have the time to hang out in the thrift store all day, and that is what she loves to do, and going to the walmart that i'm thinking about going to, i'll have to pass by her favorite store, and i just don't think she's gonna let me drive past that store.

she's not ready to go right now so i know what i'll do, i know what she's looking for so maybe i can just pick it up for her and go now, that way, she can just pick it up from me. i think that will work, and if there is somewhere else she wants to go then maybe she can drive herself. she's 80 i think, but she drives most everywhere unless its the freeway. i don't know, she kinds of cling to me now that i'm clean and sober and have regained her trust. so it is possible to regain trust for our addicts but that choice is theirs too.

don't you wish there was a way that you could make them make the right decisions.

anvil, got a question, so who is the addict that brought you here, you and hank both seem to be doing so good together. was it you or him or another addict in your life, just curious.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
grateful rca

out, you have to check in for the day, if you want to, how's your day going? well you don't have to if you don't feel like it, i just see you on and want to say hi.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
grateful rca

anybody seen hopeforever, lately? i pray that all is well with her. oh well!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

((Teke))

Have you tried one of those personal TENS machines?? They are fairly inexpensive and work wonders. I have a couple. Of course everything is all packed up, but if I can find it, I'll be more than happy to send you one.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

good morning all....

we had a long weekend in michigan - my sisters oldest son is going to work in glacier national forest this summer and we had a going away party for him - it turned into a couple extra days (they have a house almost on lake michigan - god it was nice) - so it's been busy, busy busy huh...

loves, when are you leaving for florida? have fun on your excursion and with your kids and new baby - oh i love babies - how they snuggle right into the croolk in your neck - awww....

teke - how are things? i've been thinking about you...

cinderella - have you painted anything yet - i think i'm going to paint some trim stuff outside - plant some flowers - and i love how you floridians call your cockroaches such a pretty name - palmetto bugs - the biggest bugs with wings i've ever seen - but they do have a nice name

anvil - is this puppy like having a newborn again? - our dog just stayed in the kitchen and got paper trained - we never got up at night - i would lose my mind if i had to get up all night - you are brave...

need to take oldest son to doctor - he messed up his leg at rugby last nite - i'll check in later - have a great day all...

love,
s
Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

whats a tens machine?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

ok now i['m really leaving...

oh - sister is in an inpatient treatment facility - lil guys dad is in an outpatient - they sent a letter granting temporary custody of lil guys (i can take em to the dr. etc..) and they sent some money - so things are looking up - just wanted to update - i'll post later...

love.
s
Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

TENS is thought to work in two ways:

By selectively stimulating certain 'non-pain' nerve fibres to send signals to the brain that block other nerve signals carrying pain messages
By stimulating the production of endorphins, natural pain-relieving hormones

The device is usually used for 15 to 20 minutes, several times a day, and is controlled by the user rather than a health professional. Pain relief may be rapid and last for days.

Unlike many pain-relieving drugs, TENS isn't addictive and seems to have few side-effects.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I love my machine. I have a degenitive bone disease in my neck and it causes my shoulders to stiffen up all the time.......oh......and the pain in my neck wasn't just from my ex!! I put those little electro pads on and it's the best stimulating massage I've ever gotten.
Between that and wet heat..........it will relax you......although not a permanent fix, you do feel better for sometimes days at a time.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok loves, first thanks for the offer, and let me know if you find it, sec, is it a machine or some kind of med? i'm curious to know what IS a tens machine too.

hey ITS, glad to hear that all is well with your addicts and the kids, sorry about your son's leg, hope he feels better soon. glad to hear that you now have temp custody and money coming in for the kid, i'm sure that makes it a little easier, financially and emotionally, it shows responsibility. still praying for you

how am i doing? well i'm ok, hubby gone again, like is beginning to be back to normal, being a single married parent and all. you know how it goes, you miss them but can't figure out why. i was thinking about you too. wondering how you were, thanks for the update and the concern.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok loves where did you get this machine and how did you know about it? my left side is beginning to stiffen up a little more that usual, i'm noticing. sounds like something that i want to try, anything but this surgery. they want to remove 5 disk in my neck and replace them with a metal cage, something that i'm not considering right now, don't know if i will unless i find out that i have no other choice. i'm at least getting around now, don't want to do anything thats gonna cause me more pain and suffering.

be back in a minute, gotta do something about me.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well you two seem to be doing just fine together, hope and pray that you two can keep it up. makes me wonder about my ah, you know. i got hooked the same way.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Our internet is down and back and down.....so it took em forever to post this. Darn cable provider.Im at work and I smell like a fireplace!!! Theres a dark grey smoke cloud all over town and the smell is very thick. Apparently there are fires everywhere. I have some friends that were evacuated last night and could see flames.

We've had such a drought here that they said it could get like 98. In 98 there were wild fires consuming alot of the state. Ashes all over cars and the news was calling us the Smokehouse state, I remember evacuating with fire on both sides of the road and unable to see anything. Its bringing back such anxiety. Please all pray for all the people who may lose their homes.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Teke, i cant believe drs hadnt tried a Tens unit yet. My stepfather doesnt like his. He has a sleep number bed, that helps. And he gets injections in his neck (facet injenctions I think.)
Old 05-03-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Smile Good morning

Hey everyone, my days going good so far, busy busy! What is with 2 yr old little boys and potty training!!! At least he put on the big boy underwear today, thats progress. My 10yr old decided she wants to get acrylic nails this weekend. Does she have job I don't know about??!! Only two more days till me and my best friend hit Atlantic City! Yipeee! Can't wait! This will be the first b-day I've had in 10yrs that my AH hasn't messed up for me. I'm gonna have a blast! Hope everyone else has a great day!
Jenna
Old 05-03-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Finally out I wish I could get my 2 year old (turning 3 this summer) to potty train, he is soooo stubborn
Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Finally out I wish I could get my 2 year old (turning 3 this summer) to potty train, he is soooo stubborn

oh cinder, i don't see how you do it, all of my babies even grandbabies were potty trained at 1 yro. i'm sure that with you working, it has to be a little harder on you to do it, though. babysitters and daycare don't always take as much time with it as you would, huh
Old 05-03-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Anvil, I often wondered what brought you here and thanks Teke for asking.
Anvil, when I was about 15 years old I found out my dad was doing coke, and he was drinking heavily.. my mom at the time was just stopping her crack addiction. But one morning before I went to school I found a bag of coke. I can not even described how I felt. I thought to myself I am going to show my dad what its like to use drugs so he could feel what I felt. I cut out of school had the coke on me and was hanging out with my friend ( soon to be future boyfriend, father of my daughter years later). I told him I wanted to use it to show my dad what it felt like. Thank god he had enough sense to stop me and regardless of how we dont get a long now or even speak to eachother it's something I am forever grateful for him. I didnt use it that day instead I called my dad and told him what I found and actually gave it back to him. I figured he was gonna go out and buy more anyway. I always felt that was my cross road and if I would have went down that route I wouldnt be here the way I am today.

Now I look at myself with abf and at my lowest points in my life with him the thought has creeped up to just use it to see what the heck has him that way. Now I would never do that all I have to do is think of my kids and know I am the only one they depend on and imagine what their life would be like if they I did to do that. Crack had a hold on my mother for many years I still remember her getting high with her friend.. i was about ten years old. I remember the windows all covered up. The lights off all through the house and the only light on was the light they were using to see themselves getting high. I remember sitting in the corner feeling so sad and thinking it looked like a play being performed. Just relieving that makes me wanna cry. But you know something god is with me. As I am writing this the mailman came to deliver the mail for the agency. There was a envelope with no name on it just our address. I open it up to see whose it for and its a prayer card.. thats it. I guess thats god way of saying I am here for and always was even when I was a little girl. Sorry to bring all this up but something Anvil in your post brought it out of me.

Jewel
Old 05-03-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
grateful rca

its just time for me to go back to the dr, haven't been in a couple yrs now for that. maybe new tech can help. i sure hope so anyway.