Not quite sure what I'm feeling...

Old 05-01-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not quite sure what I'm feeling...

Feel aggravated again. Not sure what I'm feeling.

Recov. abf has been spending a lot of time at my apartment. He finally went back to his on Sunday night. When he is away I find I am back to the 'ol behaviors of worrying, obsessing, NOT letting go...
Tearing apart every small voice change or not answering the phone.

I react in these ways then I become resentful and angry towards HIM because in some warped universe I think he should be doing something to take away this uneasiness that I am experiencing.

I know it's not his job.
I am aware and frightened that I have relapsed into my codependent ways with him and am not feeling any type of strong at the moment.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry you feel this way, i've felt this way too, it takes time, try to stop when you began to obsess, do some self talk, and try to do whatever you have to do to keep the focus on you. try to not allow yourself to think about him at all, focus only on you. i pray that your hp gives you the strength that you need to focus on you and i'll keep both of you in my prayers.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is hard to keep from obsessing. Even thought I am MUCH better than I was, just the littlest most benign thing can set me off into a runaway train full of thoughts.
Just breathe, use the techniques you've learned since all this happened, and try to focus on only one thing at a time. ....just reading.......just working......just writing...just just just
Old 05-01-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's easier to not obsess when he's around all the time and staying at your place... perhaps because then you feel like you are in control of the situation and you know what he's doing. When he's not around, you have no idea... all sense of control goes out the window, doesn't it?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HK, get yourself involved in a hobby. I strated with finding something else to obsess over and then slowly created a balance. SOmetimes we need a transition thing to get past it all. Today Im a completely different person than I was a year ago and loving life