Update- My Ah is home from rehab

Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Update- My Ah is home from rehab

I picked up my AH from rehab on Friday and he seems to be doing really well. Of course, I am really nervous about it all, and it scares me to say he is doing well, but I can only take one day at a time... He is going to the gym, reading his NA book, going to meetings, has an appointment with his relapse prevention therapist this week and he is talking about his recovery and feelings a lot. He is actually doing what he says he is going to do.

Yesterday we went to our local zoo... before when he was using he would always say he was going to take me there and never do it, but he actually got up and went yesterday- kind of amazing... Oh and my AH's sister works at the zoo so we got to pet a cheetah! How cool is that? It was great.

Anyway, I am happy that he is doing so well and I am trying to enjoy the time we are spending togehter but it almost seems too good to be true. But, I will try to enjoy each and every moment right now and try not to worry about tomorrow.

I know I have to make sure I am taking care of me too and be careful not to let my codependent issues have their way with me...I got a gym membership too and hope to run a 5K in June or July.. we shall see. I need goals too ya know? He can't get ALL the credit!! : )

Anyway, I just wanted to give you all an update. He has 26 days clean today, I don't remember the last time he was sober that long...

Hugs, Prayers and thanks!
Daisy
Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

glad that you are finding rewards in recovery, daisy. keep posting! i love these kinds of stories, they bring me so much hope. blessings, k
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear the good news. you sound strong in your recovery and congrats to you and your son, on his 26days, i pray that he continues to work his plan of recovery. still praying for the both of ya
Old 04-30-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ilona

I am so very happy for you guys. I hope i'll be in your shoes one day. My Ad is still at the point where he belives that he can self cure himself.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing you all the best! Mine comes home from a clinic in about 6 weeks...I know I will be nervous! I am too used to the old ways, and sure hope the new ways will stick. Glad to hear you're taking care of you....I am still learning that one!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
krhea75

My AS has been home from rehab for a week, and it has been taxing. he isn't probably doing as well as your ah but he is doing okay. Going to AA almost every day, seems clean. it is hard. I have no advice just a sympathy hug and hopes that things continue on a good path.
krhea
Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh daisy, that is so good.i am also glad to hear you have set some goals for you.it is one day at a time & we r powerless over our addicts. keep us informed on what is going on. wishing u both the very best.prayers, hope