Wow, what a nice day

Old 04-29-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Wow, what a nice day

Had stepdaughters baby shower this morning. Everything went great. She got so much stuff I think they'll have to get a bigger house. Crazy.
AD called of course me 2 times during the shower & her sis 1 time, bc she could now be moved ..right now.to the other detox place she wanted to go to. Afterwards I did the 1 1/2hr drive from the shower & the GPS took me a way I never would have gone on my own. Wow, it was such a lovely day out & I went though a bunch of beautiful valleys, spent quite a bit of the ride along a beeutiful lake. Just amazing.
Then tonight went to a NA meeting for my daughters friend Josh. He has one year clean today. He gavesuch an extrodinary speech, it brought many to tears. He is such an inspiration to so many. He ended up talking for over 30 minuets. But very positive up beat stuff, not poor me. Part of the speech was about my daughter too. Saying just how much he loves her, and asking for prayers for her.
I wasn't busy wollowing in the missery of addiction, and I stayed in the moment.
I was able to enjoy the beauty of today.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am happy today was great for you. glad the shower went well. open n.a. meetings are very insprational to me.it gives us hope.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm so happy that you seem to have had a good day, i'm happy for your daughters friend, and i'll keep all of yo in my prayere
Old 04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you had a beautiful day and enjoyed all the special things it had to offer! Keeping you and your daughter in my prayers. Hugs