SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   What makes you laugh? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/122138-what-makes-you-laugh.html)

CatsPajamas 04-28-2007 08:49 AM

What makes you laugh?

I am going to be housebound for awhile here, recovering from hand surgery and now pneumonia. I am sending my son to the video store to get lighthearted things to help me pass the time.

Who is your all time favorite stand up comic? What is the funniest movie you've ever seen? Theonly danger that I might choke from laughing... but I will take that chance.

Thanks!

~cat

liesagain 04-28-2007 09:01 AM

cats..................
The Blue Collar comedy tour is funny.......sometimes a bit over board but funny.
And I think the last funny movie I watched was Hitch. with Will Smith Its an old movie but it was on one of my pay channels. It was cute
Have fun with your movie day

marle 04-28-2007 09:23 AM

I don't know if you can get it on a DVD, but there are reruns on HBO of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". It is about the life of Larry David who created Seinfeld. I loved Bill Cosby when I was younger. A favorite movie of mine is "Caddyshack". Other ones I liked were "O Brother Where Art Thou" (It has George Clooney) and "Meet the Parents." Hope you are feeling better soon. Marle

Brownie 04-28-2007 09:32 AM

Hi Cat's Sorry about your health situation - laughter is an excellent idea - I always like Overboard with Goldie Hawn and A Fish Called Wanda - True Lies both with Jamie Lee Curtis. My passion is reading and I tend to read Mystery or History of Jewish concentration camps WWII and I do love poetry it says from the heart what I can't put into words - Try to enjoy your confinement - sounds like you are making good plans ((HUGS))

hope3 04-28-2007 09:51 AM

Hi, Bill Cosby, "Himself"

It is showing at different times on HBO, if you have it.

Hillarious.................

The movie, RV, Robin Williams.....
get better soon,
Hope3

rahsue 04-28-2007 10:21 AM

my favorite stand up is ron white
funniest movie wild hogs

get well soon

abtchonamission 04-28-2007 10:35 AM

Recently, the funniest thing I've seen was Tim's baseball team playing his league's top team...these kids are REALLY good, and really deserve to be playing higher-level teams than their age group.

So, Tim's team gets out there, and no lie, the other team looked like World Series champs...while our team looked like the Keystone Cops, running into each other in their efforts to get the ball. Each time they tried so hard to get the ball, and the other team scored 3 or 4 runs without the kids ever even noticing. It was truly funny to watch them - especially since they went into the game pretty much knowing that for them, it was to be chalked up to gaining experience and improving their own game by playing such a tough team.

Us parents think that we should get them new, Keystone Cops style uniforms. :D

duet_4-8 04-28-2007 11:30 AM

I love Bill Cosby 'Himself' for stand-up comedy; Jeff Foxworthy too.

Mrs. Doubtfire (Robin Williams) is good, and both Shrek movies are great. Take care of yourself!

mooselips 04-28-2007 11:43 AM

I love Ron White too!

And Rita Rudner, and Steven Wright....

and Carrot Top....

Louise54 04-28-2007 12:06 PM

I agree with Marle, "Curb Your Enthusiam" is really funny. So is the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour".

Ann 04-28-2007 01:05 PM

I love "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder, it just made me laugh until I hurt. :lmao

Also, I'm a Chevy Chase fan and "Funny Farm" always cracks me up.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs

Elana 04-28-2007 01:20 PM

This is old, but it is awfully good with an old All Star Cast...
"Its a Mad Mad Mad World."

The sequence where the couple is trapped in the basement of the Hardware store is priceless.. "Its only a little Dynamite...."

Anything Stooges, Marx bros. and Abbot and Costello is good too.

Sorry.. but I like old movies.

marle 04-28-2007 01:20 PM

What about an oldie but a goodie, "Some Like It Hot" with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. Marle

Wascally Wabbit 04-28-2007 02:32 PM

babies growing up and all the funny things they do.

Pattilipp 04-28-2007 02:43 PM

I love some of the movies that Mel Brooks directed. Blazing Saddles (my favorite) and Young Frankenstein.
I agree with Ann, See No Evil, Hear No Evil. That was a funny movie. I like Gene Wilder too.
Take it easy and hope you feel better.

Blackrose2756 04-28-2007 03:59 PM

I like Jim Carrey & some of the Adam Sandler. Another movie is called "Baseketball". Of course, they are all a little out there. My kids got me hooked. Actually, I gravitate to "Die Hard" movies, "Lethal Weapon" movies & "Robocop".

I also loving reading murder mysteries. When I had my 1st back surgery I read so many murder mysteries I could kill anyone & get away with it. And, yes, both of my ex's are still alive.

Reading was a big thing for me.

Oh....and I LOVE Animal Planet & Law & Order....all the differents ones.

Lynne

embraced2000 04-28-2007 05:54 PM

grumpy old men
grumpier old men
war of the roses

keeps me laughing....love these three movies

teke 04-28-2007 07:39 PM

what about "life" with martin lawerance and eddie murphy

bookmiser 04-29-2007 04:52 AM

((((((Cats)))))))

Hope your weekend is going well.
You poor thing. Sorry your under the weather.
My all time favorite funny movie is the one with Tim Robbins and
Martin Lawrence. It's called...Nothing to Lose.
You will laugh like you've never laughed before, sweetie.
Ya gotta see it.
Hope ya don't have stitches, cause this flick will rip'em right out. lol
Let me know how you loved it!http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...rt/thhouse.jpg

tropikgal2 04-29-2007 05:25 AM

I like Carlos Mencia (sp?) for a current comic and I used to LOVE Steve Martin's old stand-up routines. "Are you small??"......remember?