SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Another Fallen One... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/122125-another-fallen-one.html)

historyteach 04-28-2007 04:18 AM

Another Fallen One...

Dear friends,

My son, Trevor, had a friend, Matt L. I didn't like this young man at all. Indeed, I hated him with a passion. He gave my son the first hit of heroin. There were times I literally wanted to kill him with my bare hands.

That won't be necessary now. Matt is dead. He and Trevor were together @ 10 days ago. They were using. Trevor ended up in the mental hospital; Matt in the morgue. The best I know, Matt died that day they were together. I got this information from his girl friend. His father told me he was in the hospital still. (Long story there and off topic for this thread.)

I am going to the hospital this morning. I have to tell Trevor, and I want someone there to be with him and help him process this information. I got permission from the staff to go this morning. I have to care for my mom this afternoon.

Although I did not like this young man, I am truely saddened by the loss of the potential that he had. I am sorry for his family, whom I know is grieving, as I would be. And I hurt so badly for my son. Trevor will be shaken to the core when I give him this news. He is due to get out of the hospital on Monday, so will only have two days to process this tragedy before he's on his own again. :bigcry:

Please say a prayer for Matt and his family.
And maybe just a little one for Trevor too....

Shalom!

citychick 04-28-2007 04:38 AM

historyteach,

I can feel the pain you have for your son. I have a daughter who is still caught up in her addiction. We can pray that God willing they will find their way out into the light.

:candle2:

Elana 04-28-2007 04:42 AM

Prayers for Trevor and for Matt and his family.

You probably never knew the Matt who was not the addict. .. and he is at peace.

bookmiser 04-28-2007 04:42 AM

Teach,

Sending prayers up for Matt's soul, and his family's grief.
My as had a friend, and I still use the term loosely, who died
by overdose, in his own bedroom, and his father had to break down the door
to get to him. Very sad, and my son seemed devastated. Did it awaken him from
his drug induced haze to finally realize he may die from this disease? Sadly, it didn't.
I pray this is Trevor's wake up call to rock bottom.

Hugs and prayers for you, Trevor, and your mom, too.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...Sympathy10.jpg

teke 04-28-2007 04:44 AM

i'm so sorry, i'll keep matt's family and trevor in my prayers, this is a tragedy, i'm sorry. i pray that trevor continues this time with his recovery and that this will be a wake up for him. this kind of news is never easy

helpus 04-28-2007 04:51 AM

(((Trevor))) I hope he will stay on the road of recovery. I will keep Matts family in my prayers, as well as you & Trevor.

marle 04-28-2007 04:58 AM

Prayers for Matt and his family. Prayers for Trevor too. And for you Teach. I know this will be as hard for you as it is for Trevor. Hugs, Marle

dollydo 04-28-2007 04:59 AM

Sorry to hear that. Maybe Trevor will finally see the light.

abtchonamission 04-28-2007 05:39 AM

((((((Teach))))))))

Sending prayers for Matt...prayers for Trevor are always heading his way. :hug:

hope213 04-28-2007 05:40 AM

another one again. i am so sorry for him & his family.i pray for them & i pray for trevor. i hope some good comes of it. prayers are also for you.

outonalimb 04-28-2007 05:45 AM

How sad.

I am so sorry to hear about Matt. My prayers go out to his family...
I lost my brother to an overdose a little over two years ago and the pain of losing someone to this horrible disease is simply overwhelming. I pray that they can find peace and acceptance in time...

I also pray for Trevor....and for you, too, Teach. Sending strength, hugs and prayers...

Ann 04-28-2007 05:46 AM

Teach, my prayers go out for Matt and all who loved him. As someone else said here, you knew Matt the addict but now Matt the person is free of his chains of addiction and rests with God.

And I think that God didn't call Trevor too because He has special plans for Trevor. I don't know what they are but his journey has a purpose that only God knows. My prayers continue for Trevor too.

And special prayers for you, Teach. I know that you have been on overload with many emotional situations, so please just do the best you can and give the rest to God.

Hugs and Love :hug:

mooselips 04-28-2007 06:02 AM

(((Teach))))
prayers for Matt and his family, and continued prayers for Trevor, and you and you mom.....

duet_4-8 04-28-2007 06:30 AM

I'm so sorry that this happened. Take care of yourself. I'll be praying for all of you, and hoping that this tragedy might be a new beginning for your son.

((hugs))

Rowan 04-28-2007 06:36 AM

Very sorry this has happened. I can't imagine what you must be going through.
Hugs and prayers to you,

Rowan

tropikgal2 04-28-2007 06:37 AM

My heart goes out to the family of the young man who died and I pray that this will be a wake up call for your son.

tryin2bstrong 04-28-2007 07:05 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son and also with Matt's family.

rahsue 04-28-2007 07:17 AM

it breaks my heart to hear of anyone dying of an overdose, they don't want to be addicts and they sure don't want to die. I'll pray for trevor and matts family.

CatsPajamas 04-28-2007 08:44 AM

(((teach))) (((trevor))) ((matt)) ((matt's family))

My prayers for all. What a terrible tragedy.

~cat

Nina Kay 04-28-2007 09:28 AM

Oh Teach,
I'm just so so sorry that all of this trauma and tragedy is happening in your life. I know that you must be so stressed and sad that Trevor wound up in that mental hospital and now you have to tell him that his close friend is gone. I really hope that this tragedy works out to save Trevor's life. I'm so saddened by the news of the boy who lost his life to this senseless drug addiction and I'm deeply saddened for his family. I wish that someone would come up with a way to rid our world of these very destructive drugs and alcohol. All they cause is pain and loss. Take care of you, Teach. ((((((((((((((((Loving Hugs))))))))))))))