Another Fallen One...

Old 04-29-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I know that when I start hating my daughter's abf for giving her drugs, I have to remember that he is just as sick as she is. I have to remember that his dad committed suicide after years of addiction to pain pills. And I have to remember that he has a mother that loves her son as much as I love my daughter. I hope that Trevor finds his way. I hope that God keeps him in his loving arms. And I hope that you find some peace in all of this Teach. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-29-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hope it goes well (((teach))) don't expect too much.

Kevin
Old 04-29-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Teach, I'm so sorry that addiction has robbed the world of another young person. I'm saddened by the treatment plan for Trevor too...Keeping you both in my prayers. Hugs
Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
To Life!

Again, I'm very greatful for all your responses, filled with loving prayers...

I went to the hospital yesterday. Trevor told me a story.
He said the night before I came, he had a premonition that Matt was dead. He had been calling Matt over and over. Matt always returned his calls....but, not this time. I came the next day and confirmed what he already knew..

Then, Saturday night, he had a dream. Matt came to him in the form of a light, way in the distant. Although there was no face, he heard Matt's voice. He told Trevor to "Ace it." Trevor believes this means he has to make his life work. And he's feeling strong in his recovery, right now.

Today, I spoke to him on the phone. He's out of the hospital. He was at his dad's house, planning on getting to a meeting. Then, going to his "girlfriend's" house. She's the forty year old woman who began seeing him while he was in prison. He doesn't love her, but, needs a place to stay, since he got thrown out of the 1/2 way house. It's not a good situation. But, with the methadone, there's only two rehabs he can get into in RI, where he's required to stay by the court.

And I didn't step up to the plate to rescue him. I know he wanted me to. And amazingly, his father didn't either. So, he's got a very very long wait for a rehab and no where else to stay. He told me if he goes to the street, he'll be using again in no time, and I'm sure that's true.

I hope I"m doing the right thing. I don't want the front row seat to the drama anymore. But, this sure is a different experience for all of us. Trevor said Matt is with him.

As always, I will take it one day at a time.
Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Shalom!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Learning to live again

Prayers for the family of Matt, for you, and for Trevor.

It is understandable how you felt towards him.

His battle with his demons is finally over. He is at peace now. I pray that Trevor will find his before it ends the way it did for Matt.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

more hugs teach