Another Fallen One...

Old 04-28-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dear Teach - Such a devestating tragedy! Crying tears and Sending Love and Prayers for you all>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 04-28-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

My oldest son had his best friend die from drowning because of drinking and swimming at the lake. My son was a pall bearer so he went through the whole funeral and was shaken for a long time.
It was a total wake up for him. Unfortunately, at least on this earth, death is permanant, and they don't always understand that until it's in their face.
Perhaps this will be the wake up call Trevor needs.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am so sorry teach. I'll say a prayer for Matt and his family and a special one for you and Trevor.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
To Life!

I am thankful for your prayers and good will...
For Trevor, myself, and Matt's family.

I cannot stay on; I'm with my mom. But, I'll be back later to tell you how it went.

Again, I'm very greatful for your loving support...

Shalom!
Old 04-28-2007, 03:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

And an added prayer for you as well.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I will be keeping you, trevor, matt, and him family in my thoughts any prayers. It is a tragic, horrible consequence.
jeep
Old 04-28-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sad and yet soo scarey cause it is so close to your son .
Old 04-28-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Teach........prayers with all of you tonight.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thank you all....

Well, I went to the hospital, and we sat down together. I asked a mental health worker to sit with us as I told him. And I said I had some bad news to tell him.

He thought his grandmother had died.
And I told him that Matt had died of an overdose.

He was in total shock, at first. He blanched. He swore. Put his head in his hand.
He asked if I was going to say something bad about Matt, not to. I assured him I was ONLY there for his support. Trevor knew I didn't like his friend. He said that Matt was his only friend... That may be true today; it wasn't always...not before Matt gave him the dope...

But, he did feel faint. And then, he vomited. Repeatedly. The nurse got him a seroquel, to calm him down. I stayed and talked to him while he calmed down. Then, I went to services. I came back afterwards with some lunch for us. And we talked some more. He had a nap while I was gone and was doing much better.

I just got home from my mom's. I called him, and he said everyone was giving him their condolences, and that he had lots of support. For that, I'm very greatful too.

He told me Matt got off the Methadone about a year ago. He was happy that he could get high again. :>(
Some of you may remember, that, @ two years ago, when Matt was on methadone, he was playing with doses so he could take some heroin. He almost died then. Trevor never wrote much here on SR, but, I believe he did write about that incident. Neither of them learned from that incident. But, I pray Trevor learns now...He may not get another chance again.

He told me that this "run" was different from all the others. He said that he didn't even recognize himself. He went four days straight, robbing people, stores and getting high. What addicts do....

The discharge plan he made with his doctor is a joke. It is not a viable plan and they both are pretending it is.
He's got a month's free methadone, then, has to start paying for it himself. This means, he has to get to the clinic each and every morning again. ANd make enough money to pay $100 a week for it, and whatever living expenses he has -- rent, food, etc... He can't get a job at a corner mart with minimum wage, for crying out loud!

Now, here's the best part. The psychiatric doc told Trevor he didn't want to treat him for his bipolar condition!!!!! He's been in the mental hospital for a week, and they've not TOUCHED his mental condition! The doc told my son that he wouldn't be able to function with the methadone and the resperidol, (for mood stabilization), so he wouldn't be able to get a job to pay for the methadone! OMG! This is a very, very sick joke!

This is a plan to get Trevor back in jail, or worse, to join his friend Matt. It is bound to fail, as it has failed EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'm heartsick....

Finally, when I spoke to Trevor tonight, he asked me if I had a life insurance policy on him. He asked me to get one, saying, "Things happen."

I simply told him that G*D could have taken him, just as well as Matt, but, didn't.
That G*D had a plan for him, and he has to be around for it.
And that I hoped to G*D that he would begin to see the worth he has, and the talents he has and the gifts he could bring to this world.
And I told him I loved him....

It is true I didn't know the person behind the addict that was Matt. And I'm sorry I didn't. But, I've struggled with the knowledge of what he did to my family for a dozen years. Most of the time, it's a non-issue. But, when it comes up, it is still a struggle.

I wish I could report that I had or have forgiven him.
I wish I could. I cannot.
Maybe one day...

Thank you all again for your support.

Shalom!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am sorry for the turmoil this has caused you. I really believe there are no accidents, this was his destiny and his time here was done, he needed to be nearer to god.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Teach, as you write, I see you are already on the path of forgiving Matt.
Time will bring things to fruition. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Prayers continue for you both.
I simply told him that G*D could have taken him, just as well as Matt, but, didn't.
That G*D had a plan for him, and he has to be around for it.
And that I hoped to G*D that he would begin to see the worth he has, and the talents he has and the gifts he could bring to this world.
And I told him I loved him....
You could not have said things any better then that.
*HUG*
Old 04-28-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Best))))

Shalom!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Teach- You and your son are in my prayers. There but but for the grace of God we go.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Prayers to everyone. A death due to addiction or anyone affected by addiction results in heartbreak no matter the circumstances.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
cmc

(((Teach)))
Prayers and love.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

How sad! I know what its like to hate one of their friends--but you hate the disease not the person...have faith and strenght facing the next few days.I am praying for you all and like everyone else hoping this is a wake up call for your son,,,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
angel37.jpg (39.3 KB, 41 views)
Old 04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

My AS lost SO many friend to OD's or suicides, it is truly tragic. My prayers are with you.l
Old 04-29-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh My, Teach. I can feel your pain through your posts;it makes my heart heavy. I hopeand pray as well, that something comes through for your son. That he somehow finds his way.
(((HUGS)))
Old 04-29-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Teach,

Your recovery is shining. These are the times I find myself wanting to bargain with God... that I somehow could have a better plan than He. Remember we are here for you, walking with you and holding your hand.

Much love,

~Cats
Old 04-29-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Teach))) I just saw this. What a tragedy... for so many.

My prayers that Trevor gets exactly what he needs today... and tomorrow. That he is placed where the right people with the right tools can reach out to him... very soon.

And that you are filled with the warmth and comfort and peaceful love of the Creator.

(((...)))