Grand Canyon or BUST!!!!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Grand Canyon or BUST!!!!

Hi all. Sorry I have not been here as much as usual.. and been missing some of you..

I am getting ready to leave Tuesday for the Grand Canyon. I am taking my elderly Mom there and she has never been (always wanted to go). I have not flown since the 1970's and things have changed.. One thing they don't ahve those funny little turning things on the wings anymore (propellers). They use these other things called Jet engines.. supposed to be better?

Anyway.. I have been very busy getting stuff done here at my house and getting the cat sitter set up etc. and stressing over the process that flying ahs become (no fear of actually flying.. just the PIA thing with carryons and checked bags and I am the responsible one).

This was a lot more simple when I was 4 and MOM took care of it ALL.

Anyway.. just letting y'all know if I am a bit absent it isn't cuz I am mad or anything.. I am just GOING ON VACATION with my MOM....

(Are we there YET?)
Old 04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Have a great time, and take some of those fantastic pictures...

Are you serious, no propellers, how the heck is that Spruce Goose going to get off the ground? I guess pedal power, hope your Mom has some strong legs!

Sounds like, fun, fun!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have a great time
Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love vacations! Give Mom the aisle seat and have her keep moving around since mom legs swell when sitting - both drink a lot of juice and water so you don't dehydrate - Relax and enjoy the the ride - I'm envious - The Grand Canyon - Wow - Thelma and Louise have a Good Time (p.s. hope you saw that movie)
Old 04-27-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Elana, I hope you and your mom just have the best time ever. You are such a sweet daughter to take her on this vacation. And do take pictures. You always have such beautiful pictures. Have fun. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Elana))))))

I hope you both have the best time ever!
Flying is for the birds. lol
If it goes faster than I can walk, I'd rather be the one behind the wheel. lol
How's that for letting go?
J/K
I love to fly. The Grand Canyon sounds fantastic. Have a ball.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Hey Dolly.. I am bringing the medium format gear.. No slides but GREAT prints.. maybe have em scanned and make some 16X20's? I want to get a great portrait of Mom with the Grand Canyon Behind.. (Oh My GOSH what did I just say???!!)

uhh.... well.. what I mean is the scenery behind the Grand Canyon.... with Mom infront...
Oh heck just meet us with the Hummer!!! I will get a photo of you and Mom and the Hummer.....

Hey CWK how ya doin' girl? I been worrying about you! Hows the dogs, the kids, the fish and the turtles? PM me or send me Email! Wondering what you been up to!!! Missin' ya here! and missing your insight!

Brownie, we are going to keep Mom moving.. whadya think that cattle prod is for? Oh yeah.. it can't be part of your carry on bags.. (read the list.. cattle prods go in checked luggage). BTW Thelma and Louise went off in Canyonlands.. Mom and I are going there too. I have photos somewhere of that road... think it was off the white rim trail.. but no saling off there. Nope Not me. If I had known my XABF was going to give me so much grief HE might have gone sailing off there tho! (just kidding).

You know Marle, I agree, I am really a nice person inside. I really do care and I
surely love my Mom. The men who did not know what they had when they had me are just LOSER IDIOTS. So, guys.. here is your chance. Mom and I are going to be out there. Dad is home and we are up for adventure.. I am hoping for a couple of well tanned construction workers with 6 pack abs to show us the night life.... shirtless of course. We are REALLY NICE LADIES.

I love to fly Book.. just hate the screening to fly. I would rather go by train but I had these tickets and they had to be used or I lost the $$. Well, you think I am going to stay home when I got plane tickets what need using??????

"We will fly like a turkey.. so free... Oh.. I meant EAGLE.... "
Old 04-27-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Hey lady!! You have a blast!! Enjoy this time with your mother and relax a bit. Take lots of pictures.......we want to see you too!! I'll be keeping you both in my prayers. I can't wait to hear all about it.
Luv Ya,
Kris
Old 04-27-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Guess what? You won't be too far from me. I'm down near Phoenix. Believe it or not, in all the years I lived here before (16 years), I never saw the Grand Canyon. Still haven't. Thought about it. Maybe if I get this job. If you get real lost, & wind up in Phoenix, I'm just down the road.

Lynne
Old 04-27-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Elana, this is so exciting! It is going to be a wonderful trip for the two of you. I know what you mean about all the prescreening stuff. I actually broke down and downloaded a before you fly hypnosis cd from Audible.com. It had me visualize packing, getting a good sleep the night before, arriving at the airport calm etc. It also dealt with flying anxiety. It really worked! I only listened to it the night before I flew and it was wonderful. But, even if the airport is terrible, once you get on the ground, it is all going to be worth it! Have fun, and take pictures!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

If you haven't flown for a while... be sure to double check the security requirements... clear plastic bag, certain sized liquids, no drinks...that sort of thing.

Also - if you are flying Jet Blue or Southwest... no meals! (take a sandwich- if they are still allowed).

Also - ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Elana View Post
I want to get a great portrait of Mom with the Grand Canyon Behind.. (Oh My GOSH what did I just say???!!)
"

*LMAO*
Old 04-28-2007, 03:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elana, my mom has been gone for ten years now, but the very best of best memories I have with her were trips we took together. I didn't realize at the time how special these wonderful memories would be.

Make some beautiful memories, Elana, have tons of fun and capture it all with your camera so you can share it all with us.

Hugs
Old 04-28-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i hope you have fun, and you are a good daughter, i hope your mom enjoy the trip and the time that you two spend together
Old 04-28-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elana View Post
with the Grand Canyon Behind.. (Oh My GOSH what did I just say???!!)
Elana I'll thank you to quit talking about my rear end, it's not polite
Have a happy trip!!
GiveLove
Old 04-28-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

*****!!!! good for you.enjoy your time with your mom.i have been to vegas but never saw the grand canyon. next time i will !!! they just opened the see thru walk.be careful.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

No see thru (glass) walk for me Hope! It is $75 (ouch), you cannot take your camera on it (why go then?), and I am TERRIFIED OF HEIGHTS.

No thanks to the glass walk way.

I was getting my caera stuff together last night. I think I will par that down some....
I probably ought to have room for clothes too.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Elana,
With all the s__t I had going on this past few days I missed your post. I hope you & your mom have a wonderful, safe time. I lived in Co for a yr & even was in Az for a wk, but never did get to the Grand Canyon. Take some of your great pix to share when you get bk and don't forget to have someone take one of you & mom so I can finaly put a face with a name. Have fun & if you do find some well built sexy construction wkers don't forget to bring one home! ( just teasing )
Have A Great Time,
Love,
Diane
PS I will miss you.