Who Me? I Guess So!

Old 04-26-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Who Me? I Guess So!

Got home from work yesterday and in the mail was a letter from ex-abf's POP...basically said since he did not have a home to come back to, he was no longer being considered for the early release program...Ok, this is good news.

I tossed, I turned in bed last night and still decided to take "My Vacation"...however, I decided to shorten it, only take two weeks off, not a month.

So, off to work I tromp...at about 10am the big wig from corporate strolls in, I am surprised to say the least, had no warning. I am thinking, maybe a long vacation is in my future, like no job.

We sit in my office, I express my surprise that he was there, he says "I wanted to surprise you" I said "No problem there, you did"

He tells me to take my vacation, 2 weeks or a month whatever I wanted, he was sending a manager from corporate to cover for me....Hmmp, now what, I am confused. Then he says "If you accept, you are being promoted to General Manager
of the Southern Group"...I sat in silence not sure what to say...see, I only took this job to be busy, I was not looking to be promoted, and have to travel again ( did that for 25 years, like 150,000 miles a year) I am now approaching my social security years, my running through airport feet are worn out.

He says "Let's go to lunch" Ok, what the heck it's 11:00 am, why not...good lunch,
he persuads me, I figure what the h*ll do I have to lose, except my sanity. So, I accept. I guess the old lady has re-invented herself, yet again.

Who Me? I Guess So!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why am I not surprised, Dolly Do?

Not surprised at all. Mr. Big Wig knows a good thing when he sees it!!!
Thats ssooo great Dolly!
I'm happy for you...I'm happy that you don't have to deal with the nonsense of exabf's early release...I'm happy that you're taking a nice vacation...and I'm happy that your employer is wise enough to see a great employee when he sees one! Yes, I'd say things are great all the way around in Dollyworld!!

Hooray for you, my friend!! Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations Dolly. I guess you are as young as you feel I hope the new job goes well for you. And ditto to what Out said about the ex. Have a good vacation and come back ready to run Hugs, Marle
Old 04-26-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

This just so sounds like "you" Dolly. It really does.

You are straight forward and a straight shooter. You know who you are and are not afraid to say what you think. I am a little taken aback they did not offer this sooner!

I got a promotion last year that I applied for, was told I did not qualify for and then in the end they moved heaven and earth and gave it to me. Yeah.. me.. Good thing too. I am so GRATEFUL for opportunity like this. Thank God every day!

I had already planned upon my return from vacation to do something a little agressive with my career (some out of state training etc.) and now you have given me the impetus to do so. Past such agressiveness gave me my current "future" so it can't hurt can it?

I have just under 12 years to SS time.. and retirement (which will just be a different career for me at that time).

You GO GIRL!!! WOO HOO!!
Nuthin to lose, so why the heck NOT?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Thanks everyone...

I am 5 1/2 years away from SS, I was just paddling my way there, so this is quite a change of mindset for me...but, it is fine.

I tried to find one valid reason to just say No. Couldn't find it.

My life has taken so many twists and turns, why not another one?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Dolly,
It sounds like excitement to me.
You know, I'm always the gal who says there's a reason for everything, the reason cannot simply be sore feet. There's something good in store for you, I can feel it.

You might be really surprised.....
Old 04-26-2007, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Moose,

You are right, I tried, in my mind to use the "Old Feet" as an excuse, but, the truth is, they have served me well, I am still standing, so, they must be ok. Actually, they are large enough to paddle my way through anything. Loh!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

dolly do, lucky you...go girl
Old 04-26-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Congrats Dolly!

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 04-26-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Something tells me that this time around you will be much better off than last time you traveled so much. You know how to set boundaries and keep them and if your feet are tired, then just hire the Codie Limo and go in style

I too think that God has special plans for you and it ain't swollen ankles.

Hugs
Old 04-26-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Twinnie,

Yeah, Codie Limo...didn't have one of those last time...need one now.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

good golly miss dolly!!! congrats to you.....see....you're just a magnet for good things now!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

way too exciting...wishes for mucho more great surprises...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wahoooooo!
Way to go, Dolly. Or whatever it is you did, seeing as you didn't intend this. There must be an adventure waiting for you out there. Have fun with it.

GiveLove
Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

COngratulations!! You go, Girl!!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
grateful rca

congratulations dolly, i knew you were a winner, still praying for ya
Old 04-26-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats although I must say I am not suprised that U excel in everything u do. Way to go!!!! Whats one more adventure in life?
Old 04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is just such an awesome thread. I can soooo picture you, Dolly...I pretty much had you with your feet up on the desk; reclining on the chair, making the bigwig sweat about whether you will say yes or not!

Congratulations! There's no doubt you will excel, but I really can't wait to find out what the reason is and where this adventure will take you. Hugs
Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yes, this will be an adventure. He, Mr Big Wig said "I am going to travel with you for a bit, I want to pick your brain"...I thought "Boy, are you in for a surprise, there's nothing there to pick."

Me a brain...what was he thinking!

Appreciate the support,
Old 04-27-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
rozied

WOW Congratulations, I don't really know you yet but following your posts I can see you have alot on the ball. Your boss or whoever he is knows quality when he sees it. Are you thinking 65 is retirement age?? I am 60 & have been disabeled for 20+ yrs. Since I had a Spinal Revision in 2005 I am feeling like I am 30 again. I have my BSN & if not for helping my son, a single parent, raise 2 kids 5 & 2 I would be out getting my RN license reinstated & job hunting myself. Old is just a state of mind to me not a number.
Go for it..........you never know where it can lead & what surprises life has in store for you!!!
Excited Yes I am, I am excited for you,
Love & Best Of Luck on your New Adventure,
Diane