Naranon

Old 04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Naranon

Well, even though I was tired out from work yesterday, I made it to my 1st meeting last night. The people were really nice and it felt good to be in a room of people that know what I'm going through. Even though I just sat and cried through the meeting, I really did feel better being there. Haven't heard back from my AS since the other day when he told me it could be the last time I talk to him. I realized, I have to take care of myself and though it will be hard for me, I have to keep at it. Just wnated to let you all know that I am taking baby steps but I will get through this. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I don't believe we have met. Welcome to SR! Sorry for the circumstances that brought you here but it's a good place to be. I'm glad you went to a meeting. Those rooms are safe to cry in. No one judges and everyone understands your pain and why you need to cry. There is no race to a finish line. Take baby steps towards your own healing and recovery.

My ex husband is the addict in my life and i baby stepped it for 3 1/2 years until I was strong enough to make him my ex.

Keep posting and keep going to meetings.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Praying for you and your son - glad you made your first meeting - I'm still shaking in my shoes - so hard for us codies to let people see our vulnerable side - I bet it was good to cry because everyone there understood - I cry here when I need to - Keep taking those baby steps.