Crack to Meth- Common?

Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dreamer

Crack to Meth- Common?

Question- is it a normal or common progression for people who smoke crack to start doing methamphetamine? Even if the person swears they would never do meth b/c they've seen how it destroys your body and looks? I'm scared that my ex is going to get into meth b/c it lasts longer and it's cheaper. Who knows, he may already be doing it.

Also, is it possible for someone to stay up for 3 or 4 days on crack or is that only possible with meth? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

That's a good question and I have actually wondered if my exabf wasn't on meth a time or two. He is a crack addict and of course says "hell no" when I questioned him about meth. He claims to have been up 3 days straight on crack.....but I believe that was smoking a lot of it. I hope someone can answer this because like I said, I've often wondered this myself.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My AH has stayed up 6 days on crack. Several years ago, 5 or 6 he switched back in forth between crank (meth) and crack.

In the last 4 years his DOC has been crack, he did use crystal meth and binge about 2 years ago.

So yes its possible. For my AH he ends up going way to far on meth using interveniously and then the withdrawal is alot worse than crack
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also want to add that my old neighbor a cocaine addict is now using large amounts of meth (not sure in what form) That old neighborhood has had repeated Federal large scale meth lab busts.

I know that guy switched because the Meth was cheaper and easier to score as well as the meth dealers dont take too kindly to coke dealers coming on the street
Old 04-25-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dreamer

Thanks, that helps me to understand better. He's going to do what he wants and there's not much I can do but It's just so scary. It seems like the next step for him, I pray it isn't though!!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think it just comes down to what they can get there hands on at the time and what they can afford. My husband's drug of choice is crack, but he adds some meth here and there and through in some herion as well...whoops, there was also estacy too.

No problem for him to go for 4 to 5 days on crack.

Rose
Old 04-25-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i've gone what, 5+ days on crack, and don't know if i've ever smoke meth, don't know if its something you smoke but i do know that if it was smokeable while i was active, i didn't take time to know the difference. so i guess its easy to switch from crack to meth, i think it kind of look the same but i'm not sure, a crack addict will really smoke whats available i think between the two, expecially once they are already using .