Update

Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have to agree he may be there and with the privacy laws they cant tell u. I work at a hospital all the time and I feel so bad for the parents who call to see how their kids is thats in the mental ward and I have to say I have no information on a patient by that name. It really breaks my heart to hear the parent saying I know he/she is in there I dropped them off. Unfortunatly I cannot say anything. so maybe he is in there getting sober and getting help.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
rozied

Ohhh Teach, I am so very sorry. I will be praying for you & your loved ones.
Diane
Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
To Life!

Well, around here, it's pretty simple. It's almost a code, lol! Really, I"ve been dealing with this a long time.

If they say, "We have no information" that normally means he's in there.
If they say he's not here, that's what they mean! They haven't ever been known to lie outright like that.

I'm not saying it's not possible. But, the mental hospital told me they moved him to the other hospital. They shouldn't have, but, they did, lol!

The other hospital said different things, but, mostly, that he wasn't in the computer. When I went to the mental ward and the emergency ward, (where he would have been dropped off by the ambulance from the first hospital), they said he wasnt' there. So, I tend to doubt it.
But, it's possible!

Anyway, it is what it is. And I'm wondering after Va Tech, if these "privacy" laws are going to be changed! They should be.

Shalom!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
rozied

Oh you are so right. These privacy laws do need to be changed. I agree 100%
Love,
Diane
Old 04-25-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Teach,

I'm so sorry your going through this. I'm adding my prayers and continued support.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Teach)))))))
Just want to send some hugs and prayers. Sometimes I wish we could just "fix" all this...Then I remember that his plan is much better than mine.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry that i'm so late on this, i'm praying for your mom and son still. i think that as bad as it may sound, i think that even tho trevor maybe out using right now, that he sounds a little closer to finding his own way. my ah went to mental health too, when he thought he didn't have a place to go and they refered him to a halfway house and helped to get him in. at least he knows where to go when he really does get ready. still praying for ya, too
Old 04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
cmc

******{Teach}}}}
One way to get around the rules is to leave a message- they would have to give him a message and then it would be up to him to reply. I'm not sure if that would really change things but maybe you would feel a little better. It's all up to him at this point anyway and I agree with BigSis...maybe he is closer than you know to finding his way. That's what I'm praying- for him to have a breakthrough and really get serious about recovery. I'm praying for you too and for all the other stuff going on in your life right now to fall into place. Most of all...I'm praying for peace and rest for you, friend!
hugs,
cmc
Old 04-26-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

How's your mom doing, Teach?

prayers for you, your mom, and the Trev.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Teach)))))))

Old 04-26-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Dreamer

I'm sorry to hear this story...I don't have any children but I'm sure it's unbelievably scary when you don't know where they are or how they're doing. I feel so bad for my ex's mother...she's such a good woman with a big heart and now that he's doing crack again -- I'm sure she's found out again by now-- I can't imagine what she's going through. My heart goes out to you and I pray he returns safely to you.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Adding my prayers that your son is ok and will get back on the reovery path soon.
Also prayers for you and your family.