SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Just A Thanks (Mistress or Heroin) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/121757-just-thanks-mistress-heroin.html)

whymyfamily 04-23-2007 08:52 PM

Just A Thanks (Mistress or Heroin)

Everyone, back in January/February of 2007 I posted my story here and received a ton of knowledge and support. With the power of God and the support and advice of everyone here I was able to understand addiction and assist my husband with recovery. I was able to stop looking at him like a "Dirty Junkie". I was also able to focus on my daughter, my unborn son and myself while he was in rehab without freaking and being nervous 24/7.

I have been to Mexico since he has been released from Rehab and he is 2 months clean from heroin use and has put so much weight back on. I am very proud of him and the person that I knew that was locked away inside of him due to heroin use is back. My kind loving, B! That is his name, B! He is back and he is no longer a slave to that horrible substance that takes our loved ones away from us.

Everyday is work, and as we prepare for the arrival of our new son we focus on the joys we get out of being alive and the thanks we give for each breath we are able to take now without heroin, or in my case Ativan. Ativan is an antidepressant.

I just want to say that I will be preparing to have my son, but if anyone ever has a problem or a question dealing with heroin addiction I am here to answer questions and give support on how I was able to love him through it all and learn to trust again.

Long road ahead, but bright.
Love you all,
Whymyfamily!

Mavis 04-23-2007 09:34 PM

(((Why))) My heart is singing for you!!!! What wonderful and inspiring news! Please update us all on your recovery and new journey your family is on!

(((Hugs!)))

lil516 04-24-2007 03:53 AM

What wonderful news...

It is always so good to read about addicts in recovery

you are so right to want to pay it forward by supporting others
not only will it help others but each time you write you reinforce your own recovery

I wish you and your family continued peace...

please know it won't always be smooth but it is always possible
navigating the bumps in the road is a big part of recovery
good support systems (SR AA NA...Alanon Naranon...) are great defenses

congratulations to your husband on hard- earned clean time

tropikgal2 04-24-2007 05:05 AM

Congratulations! I was wondering what happened to you! I came on board just about when the time you were posting a lot. My husband is 70 days clean from opiates too and it is wonderful to have my "companion in life" back. I wish the best for the future for you , your husband and your children.
((HUGS)))

BigSis 04-24-2007 06:53 AM

(((whymyfamily))) Good news, thank you for sharing.

teke 04-24-2007 06:55 AM

glad to hear that all is well with you guys, congratulations on the new baby and i'll keep all of you in my prayers

Pattilipp 04-24-2007 07:01 AM

This is wonderful news!! And you, (((why))) sound so happy. Your recovery is shinning through.

Lola1975 04-24-2007 07:01 AM

Dear Whymyfamily!

Your story really touched my heart. I'm so glad that things are going well. Sending you lots of hugs

Lola

daisylady 04-24-2007 09:35 AM

I am so happy for you and your family. Thanks for sharing a recovery story, it is nice to hear!

Hugs and Prayers,
Tiffany

rayofsunshine 04-24-2007 01:31 PM

Thank you for sharing the hope of recovery with us. Praying for continued
recovery for your H and for you. You sound so happy and strong.

thejunkyswife 04-24-2007 01:39 PM

Another junky's wife! I have tons of questions about heroin and addiction, as this is all rather new to me. If you have time, please visit my blog...thejunkyswife.com...and comment on my stuff. Congratulations on your new baby and your husband's success!

laketime 04-24-2007 02:15 PM

Congrats, It Is So Hope Inspiring To Hear Successful Clean Time. Good Luck On Your New Arrival

whymyfamily 04-27-2007 12:26 PM

Thanks again to all of you! I love you all. I will always be here for all of you.