relapse

Old 04-23-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry relapse

OK here it goes
Got a call Saturday night from AD's ex-bf, I was laying down as I didn't feel good after having dinner and calling the dr from work for antibiotics from 3 week old cold that's probably a sinus infection, going to see him Mon.
After 3 calls I finally answered and he had AD in parking lot where she works and she was freaking out on him as she had loaned her cell phone to ex ex bf who was making a drug run to the city and had disappeared with her money and phone. 1 x was in way over his head on this one.
I spoke to her and told her that I would call phone co and report phone stolen and move on from there. Oh no she was not having that and decided to try and do bodily harm to herself. 1 x asked for advice, I told him to call 911 for help. he had already taken car keys from her.
So I got in the car and drove there to find her a not very happy camper but no lights and sirens.
When I got there I started by telling her I loved her, then made her sit in the car with me and tell me just what her options were. When she got pi***ed cause I wouldn't tell her what to do or let her have the car( my name my ins), I just asked 1 x to stay with her for a minute, walked around saying the serenity prayer and grabbing my phone list. Made a call to make sure i wasn't alone and got some esh. Now she wanted to find out who I called cause me calling someone was a new one for me.
Made her list her options again, one was detox as I didn't want her here. About this time 2 x called from her phone to 1 x phone and I was going to talk to him, but gave her the phone. Somewhere in here her girl friend called me to see if she could help, so she joined the party with her bf, a paramedic. After call gf took AD aside and gave her H***, good for her.
I sat AD down and asked what she was going to do, she wanted advice, I told her her problem, her decision.
She's in detox, actually they put her in mental health unit, great now she can't sign out.
I want to say thanks to all of you and to B for helping me know how NOT to act, and I asked for all the prayers here to come to her and me as we needed all the help available.
Will she stay and really get some help, not mine to decide.
Will I say the serenity prayer about 100 times more today, yep.
Will I let go and let god, yep
Old 04-23-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

blue,

good for you - let go and let god - and prayers...

love,
s
Old 04-23-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, Blue. You did the right thing. Here's a hug and prayer for you and one for your daughter that she may see the light one day.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you are doing really good in your recovery.i will say a prayer for your daughter. i hope she will decide on rehab.hugs & prayers for you too.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

BP.... (((Hugs)))) Glad you made that call. Glad your AD is getting help.

Prayers going up this can be her time.

(((BluePansy)))) ((((AD))))
Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers to you and your daughter. i understand what you are going through. blessings, k
Old 04-23-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hugs from one mom to another. Ya done good.

Cat
Old 04-23-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Blue, Another mom here too. My Ad relapesed & was in the ER last tues so I understand your pain & frustration. But let me tell you, you sound awesome. You handled everything perfecty. Hang in there. (((Hugs)))
Old 04-23-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

this is so good to hear blue, i'm keeping all of you in my prayers
Old 04-23-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

your awesome in your recovery
Old 04-23-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just got back from the hospital, and doctor for me. I appreciate all the prayers and thoughts from all.
I've got an ear infection, not a sinus infection, have to go again next week, that will make 4 visits for 1 ear in 2 months.
Brought AD clothes and a notebook for her to write down all her thoughts and feelings about this whole situation, she called me for clothes, I added the notebook on my own. Today she thanked me for the notebook, says it helps her a lot to sort out her thoughts and feelings.
She seems glad ? to be there and getting some help. I'm glad she's in a safe place, actually she's in the mental health unit not the detox, so she can't leave until they say so, and anything that comes in has to be checked by the nurses, which is a good thing.
I'm glad she's in a safe place.
I'm glad I found a better way to deal with her.
I feel like the guy from the Verizon commercial with a whole bunch of people standing behind me, what a great feeling!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I feel like the guy from the Verizon commercial with a whole bunch of people standing behind me, what a great feeling!
You said it, BP... that's what we get by being here. OUR network!

Hugs and love,
Cats
Old 04-23-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that your AD is in a safe place. Now you just get yourself better Hugs, Marle
Old 04-23-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I read your post with my heart pounding...
been there....done that (or at least a variation of that)

my RAS spent time (more than once) in the mental health unit...from there he went to rehab (28 day programs) he repeated that sequence a few times before eventually landing in a long term facility....

its a long and bumpy road but it sounds like your daughter has taken a first step...

I hope there will be an opportunity for follow up....assuming her stay in that unit will be a short stay

hopefully the social worker there can start looking into additional care....

I too live and breath the serenity prayer
Old 04-23-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Blue, it is so hard not to get drawn into their drama, but I think you handled this very well. My prayers go out for your daughter, that she finds a better path soon.

Hugs
Old 04-23-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you for both your own recovery and your d's.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Blue, you did so well...shining recovery. I'm glad she is in a safe palce and that you can rest easy tonight. Prayers goign out for both of you. I hope she considers her options and tries recovery. Hugs
Old 04-23-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good job!!!
I am so proud of you.
My prayers will be with you and your daughter.
HUGS from another mom
Terri