SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   i can't move (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/121540-i-cant-move.html)

parentrecovers 04-21-2007 11:31 AM

i can't move

i'm stuck. i know it's not hopeless. i'm just stuck. please - a few simple recovery reminders?

thank you, k

Peter 04-21-2007 11:39 AM

Go out and do something nice for yourself and know that you deserve it.

SaTiT 04-21-2007 11:43 AM

hang in there PC....I know that space very well.

You're exactly where your suppose to be.

Just do what is in front of you,
simple things such as cleaning out a junk draw.

mooselips 04-21-2007 11:44 AM

The difference between today and tommorrow is about 24 hours.

Take a deep breath, you're going to get through this, I promise.

Hig huge hugs,

devastated 04-21-2007 11:50 AM

Hi PC

Here's a reminder: You are alive and deserve the good life that your HP gave you. I've been in your place more than once when I thought I could not survive one more minute. Guess what? I did!

Moose is so right! It will be ok!

Hugs, Devastated

Hangin' In 04-21-2007 11:58 AM

Plan something fun just for you. Something you can do right now or in next few hours. Something fun, even if it's reading a magazine or calling a friend to go visit (to get me out of my obsessing), or planting a new geranium...anything to get you out of your OWN head.

Remember, NOTHING LASTS FOREVER. Move a muscle, change a mood.
Call a recovery friend.

Lordy have mercy, I'm trying so hard to help you cause I know how it feels. :hug:

Hugs,
Hangin' In

marle 04-21-2007 12:11 PM

I always remind myself of this. I can't, He can. Helps me to know that I am not alone in my pain. Sometimes a good cry helps me too. I will listen to some sad song, have my cry and then move on. Sometimes it takes me a while, but with time, I seem to be able to let go of the worry and the pain. I do hope you find a way to get better. Being stuck for a while is okay too. Just be gentle with yourself. You had so much hope and now you must be realistic again. I know how much that hurts. Time. Hugs, Marle

Mavis 04-21-2007 12:14 PM

Take a deep breath. Imagine. Blink once or twice. Know that tomorrow is a few hours away.

cmc 04-21-2007 12:23 PM

******{k}}}}

"This too will pass."

oh...and also please read my sig line

lil516 04-21-2007 12:26 PM

if you can fix it,fix it
if you can't then just let go....

patient acceptance...

(easier said than done...sigh)

parentrecovers 04-21-2007 02:05 PM

i'm trying over here. thank you, k

marteen 04-21-2007 02:24 PM

Ok, I have to share my favorite piece of information that I recieved here from Ann. It has gotten me through more than a couple "stuck" and miserable positions, I can tell you.

-The difference between a bad day and a good day is a couple of days!

It may sound simple but once you read it, absorb it and realize that it's true - it's true! Getting stuck is normal for all of us. "Staying" stuck is what you don't want!

This too shall pass.

Hugs,
marteen :hug:

lightseeker 04-21-2007 02:24 PM

sorry that you are in a low spot....I'm trying to remember "let go or get dragged".

Hope that the sun starts shining soon.

Love, Donna

helpus 04-21-2007 02:28 PM

(((k))) My counsler told me to hold my hands out in fromt of me, palms up. Close my eyes & just breath. Nice & easy, just breath. You will find yourself less tense with yours hands out like that, you aren't clenching anything.

Today I am kind of playing a mind game with myself. My stepdaughter is movng in for awhile next week. ( The youngest, not the married pregnant one) So I have things to do to get her room ready. But I have still been triying to think, ok is today day 5 for AD to be clean? Did she use? Just some of the things my mind can do all by it's self sometimes. SO I am shooting for 30 minuets at a time I am not allowing myself to go there. I get something going, and do not allow myself to guess. Just stay in the moment for 30 minutes. It may sound dumb, but it has helped today. I look forward to a face to face meeting tomorrow morning. Hang in there, we're gonna be ok. Hugs.

hope213 04-21-2007 02:48 PM

mainly most important is "YOU ARE POWERLESS". do something you have been wanting to do.hugs.

22Tango 04-21-2007 04:19 PM

"Progress, not perfection" and "Pain is enevitable, but misery is an option" are 2 slogans I find myself returning to when I am getting stuck.

Another good when I read on a church billboard was "Don't put in a period where God has put a comma". I like that one 'cause it reminds me that I can't see the future and don't know what is in store for me. Could be bad, but there is an equal chance that it could be great.

HTH.

22Tango

Sunflower 04-21-2007 04:37 PM

I feel for you--so sorry this is a bad day for you--for me it is always DISTRACTION--whatever type you like but nothing that has anything to do with the A.
Read a book--go to a movie--take a nice bath and go to bed--tomorrow will be a new day

Wascally Wabbit 04-21-2007 06:30 PM

Her's one I always have to ask myself.
How Important is it?

bookmiser 04-21-2007 07:00 PM

((((((Parent)))))))

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...g-ss04-320.jpg

My all time favorite...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...g-gs02-320.jpg

havehope 04-21-2007 07:31 PM

(((Parent)))
Hope you are feeling a bit better. If not tonight, then perhaps tomorrow will be better. We all go through these rough spots. I allow myself to be there for 24 hours; then I make myself get up and do something to take my mind off of my sorrows. I like to garden, so I have planted a few flowers this week and they make me smile. Even days after my 24 hr blue day, they remind me that I made it through another rough day and I can do it again.
I think I shall have many flowers planted this year! lol

Hope you feel better soon
Terri