Blogs

Notices

Tattoos and piercings?

Old 04-20-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have a kanji tat on my upper back/lower neck area. It means serenity. My AD got it for me last year for mothers day. Then for her 90 days clean I got her the same one. Cool hugh?
I have been thinking & trying to design another one, I like the thought of a lotus flower b/c of the meaning behind it: For people who have gone through a hard time & are now coming out of it. Like the flower the have been at the bottom, in the muddy, yucky, dirty bottom of the pond, but have risen above this to display an object of beauty or a life of beauty as the case may be. Thus a lotus flower or tattoo or blossom can also represent a hard time in life that has become overcome.
Or maybe I could just get a bellybutton tattoo, cuz I can't find mine anymore.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
let it grow!

of course you're not too old to get one, sunflower - don't be silly! 50 is the new 30 (or whatever that is oprah and all those folks say) k
Old 04-20-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm gonna give this a shot

Lets see if this worked. If it did I will post my tattoo pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
000_0322.jpg (29.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 04-20-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

okay heres the tattoo!
Attached Images
000_0314.jpg (11.1 KB, 44 views)
Old 04-20-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

heres one of my sweet little man

this is my baby hunting easter eggs!
Attached Images
100_0691.jpg (50.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I only have pierced ears. I am allergic to nickel, so I never went any farther and have no desire to. But I have seen some really nice tatoos. Marle
Old 04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

50 is 30???ahhh no--maybe for Oprah it is though! (and I love her).As stated above sometime a tatoo is a symbolic way to say something to yourself-a new step-a new life,,,
Old 04-20-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

what a cute kid!!!!!What a wonderful head of hair he has!!!
by the way I like your Bowie avatar(huge fan)
Old 04-20-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

any ideas???

My ABF has two tribal tattoos, one each on his upper arms. He has my name and his son's name on his chest. One of the tribals has a beautiful head of a tiger in the middle of it which is symbolic for his life. Each tattoo means something very important to him.

He's struggling with recovery now and he's gone for a month to try to save his life and get clean. This is a good thing. He needed a change in scenery and complete isolation from the dope. He was doing great for almost three years .... then ran into the wrong old "friend" and decided to let the demon "H" back in the door to invade our home and steal our happiness.

Anyway ..... he's always wanted me to get a tattoo ... I don't have any.
I'm aware of the symbolism of the Phoenix, but is there anything else you can think of that would symbolize struggle and recovery? or how about the type of enduring love that walks through hell and has the strength to get to the other side?

Maybe on the one year anniversary of his sober return ...... I'll consider surprising him with a tattoo of my own. If this relapse doesn't kill one of us ..... I hope it makes us stronger.

LiveLife
Old 04-20-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have a memorial tattoo on my lower back. A monkey with my uncle's(and best friend) initials above it, date of birth on one side and date of death on the other. I chose a monkey because Monkey was my uncle's nickname for me from the time I was born. I also have a gecko/lizard thing climbing up my right leg. I'm still working out the sketches for two more that I'd like to get with my kids' names. As for piercings, I've had my nose done(don't any more but would love to get it redone) my belly button but currently no jewlery in it until I get my tummy looking good again. 4 in one ear, 2 in the other. Had my toungue done at one point but it drove me crazy.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have pierced naval, and one tattoo on my lower back of 3d star inside a half moon.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am 48 years old...I have my hip to almost my knee, floral/tribal/vine...My back is me sitting lotus in a garden, arms reaching out to the sun, between breasts is a small lucky fairy, both my girls names lower back [around the garden], and 3 piercings in each ear although I only wear two. I have to be conservative, I'm a nurse...
Old 04-20-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I have a tattoo on my lower back of a heart in the middle with the tribal on both sides. I wish I had a digital camera i would have taken a picture of it.

Jewel
Old 04-20-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I have 4 tats left ankle is my coat of arms left hip is the marine corp insignia with daddy written under it the beach in the small of my back and a 6 incher on my shoulder angel wings with a devil tail with my three kids names in the middle'
piercings just one hole in each ear ya know the old fashion kind lol
Old 04-20-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

SUnflower, Last year I gave an 81 year-old woman her first tattoo!! Better late than never!!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

OMG---I quess it isn't to late after all for me!!! I will let you know when I het one...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i have two ear piercings in my ear, but my rah has this jail house tatoo, i call it, its a cross with his and my name at the top and bottom end of it. i'm a scardie cat so i don't have tatoos
Old 04-25-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Okay I am going to bump this up so if anyone wanted to know what I looked like you could see me, and my pretty little man! I wanted to put it in Books thread but did'nt know how, so.....
Old 04-26-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Dreamer

I have my belly buttom pierced--I've always loved my stomach-- and I have a bunch of holes in my ears (5 right now but not sure what the parts are called). No tattoos though, which surprises people about me, maybe one day...a stargazer lily somewhere..hence my name on here.

Fun post!