Fianlly, I've heard from him!

Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fianlly, I've heard from him!

He is staying with his sponsor for now. He said he decided it would be the right thing to do. He told me his plan: meetings, keeping active, trying not to get stressed, dealing with life etc. No mention of a job cause "it's not in my plan for right now. I need to work on my recovery 1st." Also asked if I've told any of the family that he is using. Told me it was no one's business and he didn't want anyone to know. He was upset that an uncle that he wanted to live with found out and decided he couldn't have him live there. Although I wasn't the one that told the Uncle, I think it was right that he be told. You can't have a thief and an addict in the house and feel comfortable. I just wanted to let you all know that he is safe and thank you for all the support.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad that you heard from him so that it could ease your mind and give you some peace. I know I worry somewhat when I have not heard from my AD for a while, but my mom always lived by the saying, "No news means good news." With an addict I take it one step further, "No news means no chaos in my life." Hugs, Marle
Old 04-18-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

I am glad he is safe, and his sponsor is a good place for him. Still sounds like early recovery to me, too. But he is in the right place and focusing in the right direction.

(((hugs)))
Old 04-18-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

glad he is safe & working his recovery.prayers, hope
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So glad you heard from him--nothing worse than that kicked in the stomach going out of my mind feeling when we don't know where they are!!!
Sounds like he is right where he needs to be now--so relax and get some rest--cause my bet is you haven't been sleeping...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm glad he's safe too, i also think that his sponsor is a good place for him to be right now, he may start going to meetings and working on his steps, at least he has an open door to it anyway. now maybe you can have a little peace while you continue to work on you. still praying for you and for him.