Haven't heard from him!

Old 04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Haven't heard from him!

I haven't heard from my AS in 4days. I don't know where he is or what he is doing. I haven't spoken with anyone that has talked to him. He keeps updating his myspace profile so I assume he is ok. When I hear form him, I wish he would leave me alone and when I don't hear from him, I go into panic mode. We just got word that a friend of ours that has been dealing with drug and alcohol addiction for many years died. He and my AS's lives seemed to parallel each other so it is hitting home pretty hard. Just hoping and praying my AS is ok.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I know how hard this is for you, I have been through it many times.

It would be nice if they just sent a sign each day that they are alive and somewhat well.

It helps me to just say a prayer and leave my son in God's hands.

Hugs
Old 04-17-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm so sorry, good that you think that he is probably ok, i'm praying with you for your son, i pray that he finds his way soon. i'm sorry for your your loss and i'll keep that family in my prayers too.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know what you are feeling. The times between hearing from my AD keep getting longer and longer. So I know that means her addiction is progressing. But, like Ann, I say a prayer for her and then go about my day. I have also added a prayer at night of thanks that God has kept her alive for one more day so that maybe she will seek recovery. I will say a prayer for your AS. Remember that each addict's story is different and not every ending is the same. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-17-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sending prayers for the friend that died & his family. also for you & your a.s.
i know what u mean, when they don't call but when they do you wish they hadn't. my a.s. always calls at least every other day but he went from monday of last week when he hurt hiis sister to friday with no call.he then called on friday to tell me i would not be hearing from him any more.it bothered me but i was able to let it go.he finally went back to work with his exb.i.l. yesterday & he called today when he found out little j. was here. i was going to let little j.call his father when he got up but he did not want to. they show up when they get ready, not until. i let my h.p. handle all of that.hugs,hope
Old 04-17-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the words of encouragement. They say you will not be given more than you can handle but, sometimes I wonder.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

tryin, I'm sorry you havn't heard anything from him. I completly understand that when you do hear, it is hard, but when you don't it can be even harder. Keeping you and your son in my prayers.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Tryin,
Remembering back, I had the same type of emotions.
Tending to "awfulize" whenever they didn't call, then being upset when they did call!
It took a while, but once I turned it over to their H.P. I could go about my business and not fret about where they were, or what they were doing.

The same H.P. that watches over you, watches over him.

Hugs,
Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

Yep... been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

I got to a point where I wasn't sleeping... so I finally decided to just dive back into denial for a while.

It sounds "wrong", but what the heck - I slept better. I just pretended that instead of being out on the street, my kid was away at another rehab. I pretended that I didn't need to keep the phone on at night because she was in rehab "blackout period" and couldn't make phone calls.

I prayed about it first, then asked God to keep her in His will and asked that I bein His will... and be willing to be there. Then I thought of this idea of just pretending. And I felt better.

So, who's to say it was so wrong?

Whatever works. (((hugs)))
Old 04-18-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tryin'....At least he is still on MySpace. I understand your feelings being tussled about, wanting to see him.....and not.....
Hold onto yourself tightly and hold onto him loosely and everything will turn out the way it is supposed to.
((HUGS)))
Old 04-18-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i hope he's safe also - i'm praying for him. and YOU. k
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Tryin')))))))

Keeping you and your son in my thoughts and prayers.