SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   She relapsed again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/121227-she-relapsed-again.html)

helpus 04-17-2007 02:11 PM

She relapsed again

My 21 yr old daughter relapsed again. I have thought so in my gut for about a week now. She is now shooting heroin. Please keep her in your prayers.

pjbs55 04-17-2007 02:14 PM

Helpus,
I will pray for your daughter. Heroin is my son's doc. He has also relapsed at least once that I know of. It is a very hard drug to kick, but easy to become addicted to.
Hugs coming to you

liesagain 04-17-2007 02:37 PM

sorry you are goinh thru this........you and your daughter will be in my thoughts

AnxiousParent 04-17-2007 02:39 PM

So sorry

Helpus - I feel your pain and identify completely. My son is not (to my knowledge) using heroin but he has just been discharged (other than honorably) from the military and it's no doubt from failing a drug test. I can't say his is a relapse since he drank all along but had been off any drugs for a year. I was devastated and that's when I found this forum - a few weeks ago.

He hasn't been processed out and I'm dreading all that is ahead. No matter how hard I try to detach I find myself with a bad case of the "what ifs" when something like this happens. I think it makes me less hopeful that he'll get recovery some day.

For whatever it's worth - you have my prayers not only for your child but for you - to help you get through all the pain of watching a loved one suffer with addiction.

I remember this saying I read somewhere;

Let everything happen to you;
Beauty and terror.
Just keep going.
No feeling is final.

I need to remember when I get that gut wrenching anxiety that it won't last. Good things will happen. Different things will happen....just wait.

Jeanne

teke 04-17-2007 02:43 PM

i'm so sorry helpus, i will keep your daughter and you in my prayers and i pray that she finds her way soon.

marle 04-17-2007 03:07 PM

Helpus, You and your daughter are always in my prayers. I know how hard it is. I believe that my daughter is using heroin, cheaper than oxycontin. I don't know if she is shooting, but it can't be long before she does. I have heard that the average length of time on heroin before one seriously seeks recovery is about 3 years. Your daughter knows what it feels like to live clean, so hopefully she does not go long before wanting recovery again. Hugs, Marle

mooselips 04-17-2007 03:24 PM

(((Helpus))))
Prayers coming your way for you, and your daughter. I hope, and pray she finds her way.

Lovestoomuch 04-17-2007 03:28 PM

((helpus))
Keeping both you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.....always.:hug:

hope213 04-17-2007 03:45 PM

(((helpus))) i am sorry. you & her are in my prayer, hope

tropikgal2 04-17-2007 03:50 PM

I am so sorry. I will hope and pray for your daughter to try and get clean again. This is not your fault. Just be strong and hold yourself tightly.
Hugs & prayers

Sunflower 04-17-2007 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stay Strong...my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. Keep Hope and Faith alive--she has fallen-now she needs to get up again and start over..

outonalimb 04-17-2007 04:33 PM

(((helpus)))

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.
You are all in my prayers...

tryin2bstrong 04-17-2007 04:52 PM

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers!

Ann 04-17-2007 04:57 PM

(((Helpus))) I'm sorry this is happening and send prayers...for both of you.

Hugs :hug:

Elana 04-17-2007 06:08 PM

(((Helpus)))
Sorry this has happened. I will keep you all in my prayers.

itiswhatitis... 04-17-2007 06:15 PM

helpus,

i'm sorry - for you, for her, for your whole family....

prayers...

love,
s

dollydo 04-17-2007 06:28 PM

I feel your pain and disappointment. My prayers are with you and your daughter.

helpus 04-17-2007 06:54 PM

Thank you all for keeping her in your prayers. I greatly appreciate it. I can't believe my daughter is shooting up. I can't. She was in the ER today for 6 hours. She is now at a friends detoxing. We'll see after a few days how serious she is about getting clean again. She learned the tools. She just has to use them.

Hangin' In 04-17-2007 07:09 PM

((((((((((((Helpus)))))))))))))))))

Maybe this will be her last detox. There is always hope, Helpus. Keeping her and you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Hangin' In

puddinface 04-17-2007 07:16 PM

Prayers and thoughts are with you.....