SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   I think I got the job! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/121131-i-think-i-got-job.html)

GwenMarie30 04-16-2007 01:14 PM

I think I got the job!

Dont get me wrong, I love to be a stay home mom and all, but I need a job. I have bills out the wazoo, a new house with lots of bills, and my bf has been on me to get a job for ever now. Well I got a call from the job that Ive been after. It working in an office at the hospital where my mom works. My mom told me about the job. I went online, filled out the application and they called me today to come in for a face to face interview and to meet with the main boss tomarrow at 10am! I called mom and she said that that usually is a good sign that I got the job. So wish me luck and say a prayer if you can please.

Also on a side note, Im doin pretty good with the absessed tooth. Its been getting better. I threw out the script of the vicodin last week and told the pharmacist to cancel the refill. I wont be taking it until I see an oral sergen, and then only if I have to.

thejunkyswife 04-16-2007 01:15 PM

Congratulations!

parentrecovers 04-16-2007 01:17 PM

that's terrific, gwenmarie! nail that interview! k

Jewelz 04-16-2007 01:19 PM

Gwen, I am sending you prayers that you land this job!!

Hugs,
Jewel

Barbdee 04-16-2007 01:27 PM

WTG, Gwen! Congrats and best of luck!

marle 04-16-2007 02:21 PM

Gwen, Everything sounds wonderful. Here are some prayers that you get the job and that your tooth heals without too much pain. Hugs, Marle

cmc 04-16-2007 03:48 PM

Prayers that you will get the job!

marteen 04-16-2007 04:25 PM

Good luck, Gwen. I am starting to enjoy my full-time job. It takes a while to get used to the job and the schedule. At my age, it's knocked the socks off me but I'm starting to get my rythm back!

Congrats and I hope it all works out. Just give it time!

pjbs55 04-16-2007 04:39 PM

Gwen,
Good luck with the interview. I'm sure you'll get it.
Prayers coming to you

havehope 04-16-2007 04:43 PM

Gwen
I LOVE good news!!!!!
I will be keeping my fingers crossed for your interview tomorrow.
Be sure you post tomorrow and let us know!
Good luck
Terri

Elana 04-16-2007 05:33 PM

This is great news! Just go in and let 'em know you are the best one for the job. Be direct and when you are at the end of the interview if you WANT the job, say so! "I would really like to come here and work for you."

After, send the interviewer a hand written note thanking them for taking the time to interview you.. it keeps you in their minds!

Good luck and best wishes. You can do it! I know you can!!! :)

SaTiT 04-16-2007 06:07 PM

cool gwen...

rayofsunshine 04-16-2007 07:02 PM

Thank you for sharing your good news! Sending prayers that you get
the job!

teke 04-16-2007 08:51 PM

congratulations and i hope your tooth feels better soon. still praying for ya

Hangin' In 04-16-2007 08:59 PM

Good for you Gwen!

Hugs,
Hangin' In