Went to first meeting

Old 04-16-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to first meeting

Went to my first naranon meeting last nite. I definitely will be going back. My AS called my cell phone last nite while I was there 16 times ( the cell was off). when I got home he had cooked dinner and cleaned his room. Its like he knows hes on the way out the door. He knows his deadline is Friday yet he has done nothing or made any calls. He just sleeps until 3:00 in the afternoon. All I know is I have finally come to the point I can not take any more, or live with him. He is a nightmare. I feel terrible for putting him out, but I now realize that I can not help him any more. He won't even help himself.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry about your son, but you are doing what you have to do for you and i'm proud of you for stepping up, i pray that he finds his way real soon. glad to hear that you went to your meeting and that you plan on going back. good for you. keeping all of you in my prayers.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Katie, I know this will be hard for you but once you put him out, it probably won't take long before he calls one of the numbers for help. Right now he doesn't think you will really go through with it, especially if he has no place to go.

They find their drugs without out help and they also know how to find recovery when they are ready.

I'm so glad you made it to a meeting. You will find strength and support there and a new, healthy way of living.

Hugs from my heart to yours
Old 04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm so glad you found comfort in your meeting, that is terrific news! k
Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Naranon is an amazing program, and it's just what you need to stay strong. Good luck to you!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Katie,

Glad you made a meeting.

I learned (and continue to learn) in my meetings that as long as I soften the blow for my AD, as long as I made life easier for her, she would never step up to the plate and learn to make good choices.

Boundary setting was (and is) one of the most difficult things for me to learn, but one of the most freeing also. And guess what? When I started putting those 12 steps into practice, things began to change. My life has slowly become more manageable. I am no longer tossed to and fro by the actions of my AD (who is in recovery, thank you Lord) or my other daughter (cause she doesn't always make good decisions either & she isn't even addicted.)

You keep going back to those meetings and reading here. I guarantee you you'll get better. And I'm trusting your son's HP to get him to where he needs to be. Today, I believe our HP has us right where we need to be. If I'm paying attention, I can learn something from where I am right now in my recovery.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 04-16-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Katie...glad you went to the meeting and are encouraged by the support ou got there. You are doing the right thing for yourself and your son. Be strong and things will eventually go the way they were meant to.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Katie,
That's great you made it to the meeting.
It seems like whenever I go, there's a topic discussed that I needed to hear.

Hugs,
Old 04-16-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My as has been out of the house for 6 weeks. I know what you mean about living with him is a nightmare. My husband and I were so disgusted with our as that for about a week we couldn't even talk to him or even look him in the eye. The lying, stealing, sleeping all day and up all night. One day, we just decided we had enough, and out he went with no warning. I think though, he knew it was coming because of the cold shoulder he was getting. He had no money, nothing. Haven't heard from him much since then, only know that he has a part time job and is living with a friend. Hopefully, he's clean too.

I have to get myself to a meeting also. Good luck on Friday.