A hard lesson to learn in saying no

Old 04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I watch the Dog Whisperer too when I can. Working is such a problem.. Interferes with all my fun! *sigh*

I am going to get a dog after my trip with my Mom in May. I have been looking at border collies, Austrailian shepherds and German Shepherds. I had a great GS dog.. used to herd cattle. I am also looking at the Heinz 57 varieties type. I am going to train basic obediance and (maybe.. depending on my dog) try agility training.

My cats, meahnwhile, have been doing their version of agility training on me....
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by marle View Post
Loves, I am glad that Roxy is okay. That must have been so scary for you. I once fed rawhides to my dogs. Not the stick kind but the square kind. One day my oldest female started to choke. I literally had to open her mouth and pull the rawhide out of the back of her throat. So it can happen even with food that is approved for dogs to eat. Don't feel too badly about giving her a treat. It could have happened with her own food. I no longer feed rawhides except for the small stick variety. Hugs, Marle
Oh my.......you know I've never thought about their own treats!! I sure will be looking a whole lot closer at whatever I give her from now on.

I did really good tonight. I made shepherds pie and nope..........she didn't even get any mashed potatoes! .......and get this......she's still happy as a hog in slop. I think training me will be harder than training her.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kris, That must have been pretty scarey seeing her choke. You were a good mom & did doogie heimlick's. But oh my when I scrolled down & saw the pic of her with the sciccors...I am still chuckling.

Elana, do I have a dog for you!! !Miniture American Eskimo, 1 1/2 yr old pure bred male. 22 lbs. He is invisable fence trained, we took puppy class, not once but twice (cuz we failed the first one) Then did the obiedence class. He had a few umm shall we say social problems so I took him up to the city on my day off for 5 hours to doggie daycare, to socialize him, for 12 weeks straight!!!! So if you would like a high energy handful of a dog, I will even drive him to your house.