HP works Thru Addict

Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HP works Thru Addict

I just wanted to share an experience I had last week prior to asking my ABF to leave because he had been stealing money from me. I had recently read about the HP working through the addict somewhere. I was getting ready to leave one day and my ABF came across a card from my parents to me.

I think my ABF was being extra nice to me that day because he knew something was "up". He didn't yet know that I knew he was stealing from me. He started reading the card out loud to me. In it my parents wrote how thankful they were for their Precious Baby. I almost lost it and I had a great feeling of sadness. My ABF seemed touched by the card too, which made me even sadder, as I knew he can't value me right now. He thinks he does, but he doesn't. Anyway, as I sat there putting on my shoes and trying to compose myself. I suddenly realized my Higher Power was using my boyfriend as a mouthpiece. I am a Precious Child, and I deserve more. I am still amazed at how grace can come from anywhere, if I only listen for it.

I am convinced that this moment was very integral to later confronting him and asking him to leave.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your post touches my heart today. I believe that God loves all his children, including his addict children, and that He works through us to help one another.

Living our lives well is one of the greatest forms of gratitude that we can show.

Hugs
Old 04-16-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Promise))) I am so glad you were able to hear the message and do what you needed to to do.

Hoping today is a good one for you.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree with you, god can and will speak through us all. i'm glad you heard the message. keeping you and yours in my prayers