Morning Ponderings...

Old 04-16-2007, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Morning Ponderings...

It's early and the sun has not yet come up, but as I think about what today may bring I know in my heart that it will be good.

I may receive a happy surprise although I do not know yet what it might be, perhaps something that will just make me smile and touch my heart, perhaps a person who will connect and make my life better or just a beautiful day of sunshine and light. Or...it may be a day where I will receive one of God's strangely wrapped gifts...a disappointment that will set me on a new path or a lesson in patience and courage.

When I let my cat out I noticed a bright morning star that stood out from all the rest. That star may be there every morning, but today I noticed it and somehow it reminded me that the light is always there, even in the darkness, and all I have to do is show up and notice.

I never know what each day will bring, but today I have hope in my heart that today will be special just as every day is special in its own way.

So, just for today, I will begin my day with a prayer, asking to be led and maybe a special "thank you" for whatever lies ahead for me. And if today is one of those days that no matter what I plan, God has other plans for me, then I will remember to be grateful knowing that today will be another thread in the tapestry of my life.

Just wanted to share that and start my day by wishing each one of you a special morning star, your own special light, that will set your heart on a good course and bring you happiness.

Hugs
Old 04-16-2007, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thats ann, i needed that this morning, it reminds me to be grateful for today and whatever today holds for me. thanks you're special.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Thanks Twinnie, just what I needed to jump start my day!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a great way to start the day!! Thanks Ann!!!

I'm going to join you in prayer this morning Ann...
I pray that my HP will guide me...and that He'll give me the sense to follow his lead!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann for such a "day brightener." Wasn't feeling too hot today since I awoke to rainy weather with 50 mph winds in the middle of APRIL!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Wonderful thought to start the day with, Ann. Thank you!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Sending you a big grin.. and a mighty thank you.
Yesterday at Church our minister talked about remembering that God walks beside us all day thru and is always there for us.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Elana View Post
Sending you a big grin.. and a mighty thank you.
Yesterday at Church our minister talked about remembering that God walks beside us all day thru and is always there for us.
Another great thought for the day, Elana, and so very true. I find that starting my day with a good attitude may take some thought, but when I remember to do this my day is always better.

Hugs
Old 04-16-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

THat was great. I had some bad dreams last night and needed a spiritual lift his morning! THank you!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann. I needed that today too, as it's snowing, flooding, raining, windy. Yuck. Bad weather for April 16th.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann,

I was in dire need of an attitude adjustment this morning. Thank you for this post and the opportunity to start my day over again.

Love, Donna
Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

what a great meditative way to start the morning - and tonight i have my favorite meeting - with some of my favorite people - i will have a good day...

love,
s
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Ann))) Thank you.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

you are always so postive.i start my day off every morning with my H.P. & then you walking with us. you mean alot to alot.thanks for being here. hugs,
Old 04-16-2007, 03:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Ann)))

Thanks for this wonderful message
Old 04-16-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cmc

Thank you Ann
Old 04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

When I haven't been on here for a while because life makes it difficult, I always seem to be drawn back for a reason. Reading this really helped me and I realize that when I come here, come "home", I never feel alone or left out.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann, I still need the reminder and what a glorious picture to go with it. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-16-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Ann,

You'll understand when I tell you that I read this post earlier today and I thought I had responded. Who in the heck stole my response? (I'm pretty sure the telephone rang at the office and my time responding was interrupted.)

Anyway, your post reminds me of a precious, little, old lady in my Al Anon group. And you know I mean that in the nicest way. She always talks about the little surprises that her HP gives her each day. She repeats it so much at our meetings, that we all have these little surprises each day but we have to look for them.

I believe her. There are many different aspects to my life and wonderful surprises are there if I just look for them. You and I both know it's our attitude that makes the difference. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
P.S. And I think it's no coincidence that we talked about this very thing at my meeting tonight and I wasn't even chairing. Seems my HP had a good plan for my day by giving me your post and my meeting as the bookends of my day.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yesterday was indeed filled with gifts, the strangely wrapped kind but I am getting to recognize those when I see them.

One of those gifts required a decision from me today regarding a contract I have been trying to acquire. Just when I thought the road was smooth, there appeared a small bump, a "red flag" if you will. I truly think it was God's way of telling me to think this through and remain true to myself and my vision. This morning I KNOW that is a gift, and that thanks to my recovery and the support of all of you, I CAN make the choice that is best for ME.

Yup, if God has other plans for me, then this codie is packed and ready to be led.

And again today, I begin with gratitude and anticipation of more gifts to come.

Hugs