SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Lost Threads Reposted (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/120864-lost-threads-reposted.html)

Lovestoomuch 04-12-2007 06:39 PM

Lost Threads Reposted

As you all know, all of our older threads got lost in cyber space not too long ago.

There were some really good threads lost. Some of those threads I'd occasionally go back and re-read if I needed some encouragement for the day or a laugh if I was having a bad day.

How many of you.....if you were able to locate some of your older threads, would want to post them up again.........as a re-post of course....that way no one would get them confused with a new thread??
I know we're starting over and I love that, but some of these missing threads helped me through some of my darkest hours and I'm sure they could help someone else out.

I ask because I (just for fun) did a google search under my user name Lovestoomuch and found a few......not all, but a few threads I lost here. I'm sure if you did a google search under your screen name you'd be suprised what you'd find.

I"m not talking about re-posting every single thing you've ever wrote, but some selective threads you might want to read again or that might give back to someone who may need it.

I'm not talking about burning up the board with re-posts either. I wouldn't want anything taken away from the new comers and those with immediate needs. They should always come first.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this whole pole thing right.....probably not, but I'm just curious if I'm the only one who wouldn't care to do something like this........sort of like a SR Friends and Family of Substance Abusers rescue project.

Maybe I should find out if we're even allowed first.........but I'm just trying to get an idea of how many would like to see some of their threads again.

..........and to answer your question...yes, I do have too much time on my hands thank you very much........but I feel this is for a good cause....don't you??:hug:

dollydo 04-12-2007 06:42 PM

I too revisited old threads and I miss not being able to do that.

I voted: Yes

best 04-12-2007 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch (Post 1287718)

Maybe I should find out if we're even allowed first.........but I'm just trying to get an idea of how many would like to see some of their threads again.

I think it may be a good idea but I will check with administration.
My thought would be ... if we only bring our own posts forward...not those of others.

I will let you know or maybe one of the other mods will give answer.

Lovestoomuch 04-12-2007 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by best (Post 1287724)
My thought would be ... if we only bring our own posts forward...not those of others.

I will let you know or maybe one of the other mods will give answer.

Thank you best and I only meant for each individual who wanted to re-post something they themselves wrote. It isn't my right or the right of anyone else to re-post someone elses work.

You're the best........best.

teke 04-12-2007 06:59 PM

i for one would like to be able to read some of my first threads so that i can see for myself if there is a difference in me, thanks for the info and for asking

bookmiser 04-12-2007 07:01 PM

(((((Loves)))))

I voted yes, too.
Not because of wanting to reread something I wrote before,
but just to remember period.
I suffer from what is known as CRS Syndrome.
I'm sure there are others here who suffer from this. It's a very debilitating
disorder. It would be very helpful to have past post nearby.
Thanks for bringing it up.

Love ya,

bookmiser 04-12-2007 07:18 PM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...55F0257E13.gif

You know what that stands for, right?

Lovestoomuch 04-12-2007 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by bookmiser (Post 1287778)
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...55F0257E13.gif

You know what that stands for, right?

:lmao nooooooo..........cause I have that CRS thing too.......dang it all........heehee

ConcernedBigSis 04-12-2007 07:36 PM

I'd rather that mine were left lost in cyberworld. I can't imagine they were of much help to anyone else, and hardly anyone ever replied... so I feel that they can stay where they are at.
There are, however, posts from others that did help me that I wouldn't mind seeing reposted.

best 04-12-2007 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by ConcernedBigSis (Post 1287799)
There are, however, posts from others that did help me that I wouldn't mind seeing reposted.

There are many I would like to repost but others may not want "their" older posts reposted. Just as you said you don't and for that reason alone I would only post my own if wanted to do so.

anonymous, patient, copyright, ... but respect for and wishes of others is my number one drive that says to me only my own posts.

Lovestoomuch 04-12-2007 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by best (Post 1287849)
There are many I would like to repost but others may not want "their" older posts reposted. Just as you said you don't and for that reason alone I would only post my own if wanted to do so.

anonymous, patient, copyright, ... but respect for and wishes of others is my number one drive that says to me only my own posts.

I agree. Anyone wanting to do a re-post of their own threads should be able to do so, but in no way should anyone.....as much as they may like a particular thread should post someone elses.

frankly 04-12-2007 08:38 PM

OK for anyone who is interested and wants to do a lot of work to find their old posts, this is what I have found. If you go into the google search box and type this.....Site:http://www.soberrecovery.com/forum/f...mily-substance

you have to go through each and every post. But it has a lot of them. Don't click on the actual heading of the post, it only takes you back to the sober recovery site, but if you click on the word "cached" in the bottom right corner, then it will give you a snapshot picture of that post on that day. I've looked at several back through 2005 and just started tonight. Any posts that had multiple pages only gives you one page in one place and maybe another page of that same post in another place. If you really want to spend the time to find your posts, that may be a good place to start.

I tried the google thing with my screen name, but frankly is too common a word.

happy hunting!

B

Lovestoomuch 04-12-2007 08:41 PM

Thanks a bunch frankly! :hug:

frankly 04-12-2007 08:47 PM

sorry but what you have to type came up as a link and it is not what will get you there.
So I will try to type it so it doesn't come up as a link

TYPE site then : then // then www then . then soberrecovery then . then com then / then forum then / then friends-family-substance

leave out the words then

frankly 04-12-2007 08:53 PM

If you come up with only one site, at the bottom click on "repeat the search with omitted results" that gives thousands of our posts in the family and friends substance abuse forum.

I know this is confusing, but if you have a problem finding it, post and I will try to explain it better.

Lovestoomuch 04-12-2007 08:58 PM

I'm a big dummy.......lol.......I keep getting SR......and the only threads are the new ones.

frankly 04-12-2007 09:08 PM

Sorry Loves, they kicked me out with something about my requests appearing to be illegal. I've got to back track exactly what I did to get it back. I forgot what I had typed in the original search. Give me a little bit of time. This time I'll write down everything I did to get to it.

LOL leave it to me to find it and loose it. I WILL find it again

Lovestoomuch 04-12-2007 09:11 PM

Thank you again frankly. Don't get yourself in any trouble now cause of me. Good luck though....and I got your back LOL.

greeteachday 04-12-2007 09:28 PM

I can't thank you enough for this information on finding lost threads. There were some threads that have been of such comfort when I need them that I neglected to archive and lost. Now I have started to slowly be able to get them back. And I feel the comfort anew.

It reminds me to tell you I love you...You all have meant and do mean the world to me! Hugs and prayers

greeteachday 04-12-2007 09:30 PM

I didn't quite make it there with what frankly suggested (thought it was me) but greeteachday all together isn't too common and with Frankly's tip to hit the cached link, I've found quite a bit. Kris that may work for you too since your name is all one word as well...