View Poll Results: If you could find some of your lost threads, would you want them re-posted?
Yes
75.86%
No
24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Lost Threads Reposted

Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck though....and I got your back LOL.

Me too (and we've got connections with Hummers and pink tutus and fire ants )
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

OK lets try this again. Hopefully the address I type doesn't get modified when I hit this post button. Here goes

http://www.google.com/search?q=+site...r=all&filter=0

It has some of the current ones too. Just make sure you click on the word Cached at the end of the site post. If you click on the headline it just takes you back to SR's site.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

yippie! I think it worked. I had to type in a lot of ='s and &'s and _'s that just wasn't comming up.

let me know if that link works
Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Loves,
What is a google search?
There was another post tonight about google earth...

Rose
Old 04-12-2007, 10:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

WOW I'm on a role tonight. I've found specific posts of mine. This time I paid attention to how I found it. There was one post that I had made that stood out in my mind so in the google search box I typed "sober recovery" "substance abuse" "he's gone"

those three phrases each in their own quotation marks, clicked the repeat the search with ommitted results included button at the bottom of the search page, got several of everyone's posts that included the words "he's gone" and there was the post I was looking for, I had to click the cached button to view it, but there it was, a post I thought was gone forever.

So then I tried other searches the same way. Left the "Sober Recovery" and the "substance abuse" and replaced "he's gone" with other phrases that I had used in my posts....like the titles to my original posts. So far it's worked for me every time. I just can't remember what all my post were titled. Or even what they were about. So I'm going to play with it some more and put my screen name in place of the "he's gone" and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Sorry I'm posting so much, I'm just excited.

B
Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have been able to find all posts requested an posted them here and on the substance abuse forum. Go to www.google.com if u know the name of the thread type it in. For example. "loves proudly presents" then scroll down to domain name.... Type in soberrecovery.com then hit enter. u will get a list then dont click on the domain click on the CACHE thing at the bottom and this is what u will get
Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It worked. I've found most if not all of my posts, my responses and original posts. I am having to wade through everyone else who ever posted the word frankly in their sentance, but for the most part, I can recognize my posts just by the heading.

OK now I can go to bed.

Love you guys,

B
Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Holy crap if this works I'll be shocked!! I pulled up everything lost by title. here it is...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...php/f-123.html
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

never mind its all new posts i think lol
Old 04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

No sleep tonight. I'm so wound up about finding my posts, I'll be up all night collecting them. I only have to find 1300 or so. LOL

not to mention, I'm talking to myself here! Can anyone say obsessive compulsive? not me, no way. (insert smiley here)
Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have done it myself and I always find it in the end alot of work though get the coffee on!!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I haven't had time to try those links, but hope you can find what you are looking for to read. The only ones I have found in the past are ones that are already in "Best of SoberRecovery" (another forum here) or in another forum.

I'm not a techie, but the way I understand it is that the old threads are out there in cyberspace somewhere but to find them and try to bring them here (as a group) would displace our current threads. Sort of like "restoring" on a computer will put the disk information on but overwrite what is already there.

And, we're not sure why we lost the entire forum either, and didn't lose any other forums.

It's all way over my head, but if you find any old threads that you want to repost, you could try it and see what happens. If there are going to be a lot, perhaps they could be flagged as "reposts" so not to confuse the newcomer.

Hugs
Old 04-13-2007, 04:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Havent checked in a while but 2 weeks ago I pulled up all my old posts by going to my posts.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yep they are still there and can still get to them
Old 04-13-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When I pull up my old posts on "my posts", I get the ones from this forum "after" the crash, and all the posts from other forums.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ann - They are there. I've found some of yours and even hopefloats, lizzyb's, gabes and pums. I've found most of mine. Including the first post I ever made from 2004.

I don't care to repost. It's just nice and comforting to know where I can go to read them and maybe print or save them on my own computer. I sat here most of the night reading them....and cried.

It made me sad for several reasons. I read some really funny ones and a few that reminded me how low I had gotten, how desperate and despondent that I was. It brought back a whole lot of pain. It made me miss all those people who have come here and have gone. Especially the one's I had frienships with.

It reminded me how many people have passed through. How many people this disease affects.

I went back to my post after the crash, about new beginnings. I would change my vote at this point. I had voted that I would re-post. I'd change that vote to not repost.

But, I do believe that we can find a way for everyone to be able to revisit those posts and save them or print them.

I strangly feel better abount finding mine. I think because of the robberies I've recently been through, when the site crashed, I felt robbed again. Now I have the choice of what happens to my posts.

B
Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

It was fun, on days where I needed a good laugh, to go back and read a post from Smoke, Ann, and MG..and others....a long, long time ago...about duct tape and steel toed bunny slippers, darn, somedays I miss that post...

I imagine there's a lesson here to be learned about staying in the day, and not looking back, and all that pychobabble...(new word, I made it up LOL)

We've all come so far.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Wow Frankly!! Thank you for all your investigative help here!! I'm excited about finding some of my stuff.

Again.......I'm not talking about burning up the boards with it..........and if you find something that you wrote that can maybe help someone out, or just give them a smile for the day, and you want to re-post it, do it as just that........a re-post. Like I said and Ann has pointed out, we don't want anyone new getting confused and someone with immediate help should always be considered first.

Thanks again for all your input. This was just an idea I had bouncing around in my head. Even if you choose just to save them to your computer for future look backs............at least we know we can do it with a little effort.

Best of luck to everyone. Happy searching.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

I've been thinkin' here. uh oh, yep.
Maybe they were suppose to "disappear".
Maybe we are suppose to put the past to rest and not
bring it back up.
Or...maybe I'm full of beans and should just get a shower and go on to work.lol
You all have fun "dredging". lol
I'll do it when I find more time.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I hope every one finds what they are looking for. Good luck!