SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Recovery Quotes (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/120774-recovery-quotes.html)

cinderellawkids 04-11-2007 06:01 PM

Recovery Quotes

My list of recovery quotes-Add yours

If you share your pain you cut it in half, if you don't you double it."

•"My head is like a bad neighborhood and I shouldn't go in there alone."

The quality of your recovery is proportional to the quality of your surrender."

•"I'm basically a negative person, that's why I'm so happy."

"My basic problem is that I flee from those who want me and I pursue the rejectors."

There's no speeding in the trudging zone."

If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."

Tomorrow's a fantasy and yesterday's gone...there's only today."

What other people think of you is none of your business."

Change only happens when the pain of holding on is greater than the fear of letting go."

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." (Mark Twain)

•"Have a nice day unless you've made other plans."

Yes, you can be a dreamer and a doer too, if you will remove one word from your vocabulary: impossible." (Robert Schuller)
When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last." (Griffin's Thought)

A day without sunshine is like night."

•"Recovery is a journey between two stations. One station represents total chaos, and the other represents total serenity. What is important is not where you are, but what direction you are facing."

Life without recovery: Even roses have thorns. Life in recovery: Even thorns have roses.

Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?"

He who foresees calamities suffers them twice over."

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty." (George Bernard Shaw)

Success is not to be pursued it is to be attracted by the person
you become."

-- Jim Rohn

'Learning to be a Survivor - not a victim of my Ex partner'

duet_4-8 04-11-2007 06:15 PM

I can only think of these right now:

'Within our secrets lies our disease.'

'If nothing changes, nothing changes.'

'The best way to help an addict, is not to help him.'

duet_4-8 04-11-2007 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by anvilhead (Post 1286211)
i'm only one bad decision away from self destruction

Yeah that's a good one!!

teke 04-11-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by duet_4-8 (Post 1286199)
'If nothing changes, nothing changes.'

'The best way to help an addict, is not to help him.'

i like these two and,

i can't change people but i can change my attitude toward people

you have a right to live life the way you want, but it up to me to allow the way you choose to live your life affect me.

marle 04-11-2007 06:59 PM

Still my favorite, "Let go and let God" Along the same lines, "I can't, He can." Also "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Marle

chrisea 04-11-2007 08:44 PM

this may not be a recovery quote, but one that I thought goes with my life, the one that changed my life.

Then there are those who car not about extraterrestrials, searching for meaning in other human beings.

Rare or lucky are those who find it.

For although we may not be alone in the universe, in our own separate ways on this planet we are all... alone. Chungs's voice ~ X Files '98

chrisea 04-11-2007 08:47 PM

misspelled word was care instead of car

My Secret ID 04-11-2007 09:58 PM

Woohoo...quotes that make about as much sense as I do.

Elana 04-12-2007 05:27 AM

"If I do God's job, he can't!"

"God has a plan for you so stand out of the way and let it happen!"

HKAngel24 04-12-2007 05:43 AM

~ Defeat may test you; it need not stop you. If at first you don't succeed, try another way. For every obstacle there is a soultion. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. The greatest mistake is giving up."

~Work your program as though your life depended on it. (Because it does)

~We don't have to react. We have options. And each time we exercise our righ to choose how we want to think, act, feel, behave, we feel better and stronger."

~Feel the fear and do it anyways.

~We needto find the courage to say NO to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselvesa nd live our lives with authenticity." ~Barbara De Angelis

~"Living with integrity means: Not settling for less than what you know hyou deserve in your relationships. Asking for what you want and need from others. Speaking your truth, even though it might create conflict or tension. Behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values. Making choices based on what you believe, and not what others believe."

Not all true Naranon quotes, but some that are truly inspirational to me.

cinderellawkids 04-12-2007 06:32 AM

My boss started a positive thought of the day email each day. Todays thought:
Change the quality of your thinking and your quality of life will change - Brian Tracy

Elana 04-12-2007 06:40 AM

My boos also has a quality of life quote in the morning...

"You got that DONE yet?" LOL

:)