SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Snow!!!!(: (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/120770-snow.html)

marle 04-11-2007 04:34 PM

Snow!!!!(:

We are just getting hammered with the white stuff. Supposed to get about 8 inches of heavy, wet snow. If that were not bad enough, the winds are blowing at like 40mph. Okay, Marlene, breathe, this to shall pass. Just tell yourself it is white rain:) Marle

teke 04-11-2007 04:36 PM

gosh marle, and i sitting here hating this grey cloudy 70ish temp around here, wishing for warmer weather, i'd better be grateful huh

Elana 04-11-2007 04:39 PM

Well, you can be happy cuz what you are getting now I am going to have tomorrow! yeah folks.. MAJOR winter storm. If you are where I think you are Marle, you ARE getting hammered. Geeze loueeze.. we had summer thru December then we had winter all at once... I am READY for spring.

I wish I could send you a good book, a cup of hot cocoa and a purring cat Marle..
I expect tomorrow that is what I may have for entertainment!

marle 04-11-2007 04:39 PM

Yeah, Teke, you better be:) Marle

marle 04-11-2007 04:40 PM

Elana, Sounds good. At least with my knee I don't have to shovel snow. Marle

helpus 04-11-2007 04:41 PM

Just think of it..have you ever made a "snow bunny" after easter? could be cute. carrot & all.

mooselips 04-11-2007 04:43 PM

Please tell me it's not coming this way....this stuff is just starting to MELT!

I'm envisioning it as white sand....:)

Ann 04-11-2007 04:43 PM

I'm looking out at the white stuff falling myself and it really doesn't put me in a good mood.

Let's all go move in with Teke until June, okay? :D

teke 04-11-2007 04:45 PM

yall come on and we'll just car pool right on down to cinders

marle 04-11-2007 04:45 PM

I think Ann has a good idea. You ready for a few more kids, Teke. Marle

teke 04-11-2007 04:51 PM

yeah, yall come on all up us kids can learn how to better take care of ourselves in person, like i said, we can car pool right on down to cinders and hang out on the beach, they got 88ish temp, that would be even better.

mooselips 04-11-2007 04:53 PM

I was placing a smily drooling with anticipation here.
So....pretend...

Elana 04-11-2007 06:14 PM

OK. that's it! time to fire up the Codie Bus and go. tho with the weather forecast and snow already dumped on you Marle, we may have to prevail on Dolly to fire up the Hummer to blast thru the drifts!!!!

I sure Hope Cinder reads this so she knows we are coming. I want to see her turtles anyway....

Sunflower 04-11-2007 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hope you are all safe where ever you are living---strange winter--I am in Massachusetts and we are supposed to get snow here AGAIN tonight into tomorrow--half my garden is coming up so it should be interesting how much damage it will do...
When I went to California--I wanted to never come home again==it is always so nice--NO humidity at all.All in all I would miss the 4 seasons...

MeggieStar 04-11-2007 07:48 PM

I am sick of it too, Marle. It's been raining down here all day. I know you get the worst because you're right near the lake. When will spring be here???

I've heard about 800 people say "That's Michigan for ya," this week....*scowls*

greeteachday 04-11-2007 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by marle (Post 1286067)
Elana, Sounds good. At least with my knee I don't have to shovel snow. Marle

That was the thing I was grateful for when I had my iceskating diva disaster and broke a bunch of bones and ripped all the ligaments in my ankle. I was casted for 4 months...all of the heavy winter stuff...no shoveling possible. It did kinda stink to try to go through major storms on crutches though...

I hear ya Marle...I am sooo ready for Spring. No snow here but cold, cold, cold and wicked rain and wind heading our way for the next couple of days.

Sure hope your white rain is followed by balmy breezes! Hugs

sun daisy 04-11-2007 08:21 PM

Having spent many years in Michigan - outside Detroit and now in the northern part(only summer now) I know how you feel. That is why my husband decided many years ago that the south sounded so good to him. Sometimes I miss the white stuff and how pretty everything is, but the day to day is not for me. I have had many thoughts of spending another winter up there but not now. I do feel for the late season of snow and know that my thoughts are with you tough people that are up there. Just keep the summer thoughts going!

cinderellawkids 04-12-2007 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 1286198)
OK. that's it! time to fire up the Codie Bus and go. tho with the weather forecast and snow already dumped on you Marle, we may have to prevail on Dolly to fire up the Hummer to blast thru the drifts!!!!

I sure Hope Cinder reads this so she knows we are coming. I want to see her turtles anyway....

COme on everyone. Its 85 again today. A little overcast but nice and warm.
Elana, yesterday I was looking for large stock tanks at an online farmstore for the turtle to have a pond, it looks like what I get they may have to fight the kids for it.

daisylady 04-12-2007 08:24 AM

we got about 2-3 inches yesterday! I am READY for spring!

cmc 04-12-2007 11:00 AM

I'm from Mich too...and miss the cold and the snow...sometimes.
It's 70 here now...I'm south of you Cinder but it's a rainy day-it was 82 yesterday :)