Good morning...and update

Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Me too, Marteen, me too.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
grateful rca

good to hear moose, i'm still praying for you all.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear Moose - glad to hear you had a nice relaxing sober Easter - your boundry setting was a good idea. Wishing many more happy days for you and your family.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow That Sound Great, Ihope This Is The Time For Both Your Boys
Old 04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

((((Moose))))
Fantastic news!! I hope they both enjoy loving life so much that they don't care to go back to the "old ways." Good for you and Mr. Moose to hang on to your boundaries and recovery... Your story gives so many people hope, thanks for sharing it!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's funny. My as stopped by last week for more clothes. (He is now been out of the house for about 5 weeks and living with a friend). He asked me if I have gotten his income tax check back yet, cause he could sure use it.

I told him, I haven't gotten it yet, but don't you think it belongs to my husband and me for putting up a deposit for rehab that he left after a week. Not to mention the stolen money and now a school bill that I co-signed that I'm sure the bills will be coming anyday now. That money should now belong to us to help pay for the mess he's created.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Louise,
It all boils down to coulda, woulda, shoulda.
Yes, I agree the money should come back to us, and I think maybe when they are farther along in their recovery, will see paybacks in much better ways than money. (at least I hope so)

The good part is, just my sons being SOBER made such a difference yesterday. They could actually carry on a conversation, there wasn't any anger, or arrogance....I'm just very thankful they're sober.

Hugs,
Old 04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey Moosiegirl,

Glad to hear things are good. Remember the "stay in today" thing.

And re the money and paying back, well I'm seeing that doesn't come quickly. AD is JUST NOW beginning to show some signs of maturity re money and maybe realizing that she should maybe...do I dare say it... pay for some things? It's been slow, real slow, coming.

And so glad y'all had a good Easter. Reminds me of the somewhat similar story I heard tonight from a precious woman in my Al Anon group. She is 81 years old and said this Easter was the FIRST Easter she has ever had with her family where there was no alcohol involved. All her boys were home with their families and no one popped a beer or pulled out the wine. As she always says, she's just amazed at the miracles that continue to happen. I've found that the trick is look for them and relish the moment. God's little suprises, I call them. TYep, they're all around if I just look for them.

So glad you're back home even though you returned to the snow. And guess what? Kori and I might be going to Savannah tomorrow....

Tell your boys your southern friend is proud of them and keeping them in my prayers.

Hugs,
Hangin' In