the angry bear awakes

Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

the angry bear awakes

Spring! the angry bear of addiction comes out...that post-coke binge monster that attacks and attacks and stomps angrily around looking to blame anyone but himself.

I have held my ground over the last couple days and not given in to the abf's endless browbeating, psychological blackmail, bullsh*t, nagging for MONEY!!!

Lets see, OH MY, he spent all his money on DRUGS and dear me, that leaves him without the funds that he was going to use to contribute towards some things we were going to do together...

Oh yeah, and this 2000 bucks he wants me to lend him, you see, that is so that we can start a life together, and that life is going to be one that miraculously turns him clean and sober over night!!!!!

HA HA HA HA

and he BEGS me for this money in between back to back coke binges.

Cripes, I got it all from him, the veiled threats of suicide, dumping me, taking off for another state, and any thing that might make me REGRET not running out ASAP to get a cash advance and get the money into his account. Cripes, he even gave me a time limit...yesterday it was before the banks closed at 5 and last night it was before 8:30 this morning...

Turns out I don't love him enough, turns out he just isn't worth risking a couple thousand dollars for...

OH yeah, by the way, you KNOW he would do ANYTHING for me (Hey, we could start with sobriety, but I guess that doesn't fall under anything).

Oh yeah, on top of that this is his LAST chance, and he is at his lowest, and I am the ONLY one he thought still cared enough..

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

BUT, the point of this story -- I said NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

And I do not even feel bad about it.

I know I love him, and if he goes and jumps off a cliff (Unlikely that would happen until the day the columbians stop producing coke) it is NOT my fault.

I stood strong, I did not waver, I did not give into the bullying of the post-binge bear rampaging around. Thank god I don't live with him, those of you that do live with these addicts -- how do you handle that?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe I am the angry bear finally coming out of hibernation!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good for you, time to take care of you.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

BUT, the point of this story -- I said NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

(((hugs))))

Does he call? Or is he in the room with you? If a phone call, you might be able to cut it short and hang up after the second "no".

I was at my physician's the other day, and while fumbling around at the counter by her (one and only) phone, I couldn't help but overhear -

No. I said no. No. Because you don't use them right. Well, then we will have to try some other method. No. No. Because I said no. ... how many times have you been to the emergency room in the past month! No! No. Yes, I can do that. Because I am responsible, that's why... no. No. No, I won't.

This went on for at least five or seven minutes.

I figured out right away she had an addicted patient on the other end... and I wondered what would have happened if she had hung up after the third or fourth "no"... She looked very frustrated when she got off the phone... I so wanted to come around the counter and just give her a big hug and huge THANK YOU!!!!

But she probably wouldn't have understood.

You would, though.

I am glad you were strong. It is good for both of you.

(((Oneyeopen)))
Old 04-06-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you I need your attitude to rub off on me this weekend
Old 04-06-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oneeyeopen View Post
Spring! the angry bear of addiction comes out...that post-coke binge monster that attacks and attacks and stomps angrily around looking to blame anyone but himself.

I have held my ground over the last couple days and not given in to the abf's endless browbeating, psychological blackmail, bullsh*t, nagging for MONEY!!!

Lets see, OH MY, he spent all his money on DRUGS and dear me, that leaves him without the funds that he was going to use to contribute towards some things we were going to do together...

Oh yeah, and this 2000 bucks he wants me to lend him, you see, that is so that we can start a life together, and that life is going to be one that miraculously turns him clean and sober over night!!!!!

HA HA HA HA

and he BEGS me for this money in between back to back coke binges.

Cripes, I got it all from him, the veiled threats of suicide, dumping me, taking off for another state, and any thing that might make me REGRET not running out ASAP to get a cash advance and get the money into his account. Cripes, he even gave me a time limit...yesterday it was before the banks closed at 5 and last night it was before 8:30 this morning...

Turns out I don't love him enough, turns out he just isn't worth risking a couple thousand dollars for...

OH yeah, by the way, you KNOW he would do ANYTHING for me (Hey, we could start with sobriety, but I guess that doesn't fall under anything).

Oh yeah, on top of that this is his LAST chance, and he is at his lowest, and I am the ONLY one he thought still cared enough..

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

I know I love him, and if he goes and jumps off a cliff (Unlikely that would happen until the day the columbians stop producing coke) it is NOT my fault.

I stood strong, I did not waver, I did not give into the bullying of the post-binge bear rampaging around. Thank god I don't live with him, those of you that do live with these addicts -- how do you handle that?

hi one eye and i am proud of you for saying nooo. keep it up my friend.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
krhea75

isn't it amazing that we fall into their traps for so long? And then our eyes are opened up and things are never the same.
krhea
Old 04-06-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

BRAVO!!!! Hugs, Marle
Old 04-06-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

good for you.
Headline:

Sleeping Bear Awakens! First word is NO......
Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

!!! another round of NO NO NO. The abf just keeps coming up with more bla bla bla bla and I keep sticking to my NO NO NO.

Yeah, I guess I could just hang up on him..but, I hate to admit this...it feels really GOOD to say NO to him.....
Old 04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((OneEye)))))))))

Here! Here!

Wow! You've got some amazing recovery
showing behind all those no's. So much so, that I'm afraid to even ask ya for the time. lol
I know your feeling several different emotions, and each of them, worse than the next, but as they say in the movie "Friday"...

Ya did good!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm jproud of you to oneeye, i know that you must finally feel like the winner in all of this. still praying for ya, stay strong.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
survivor

Oneeyeopen, it sounds like you have BOTH eyes WIDE open. I know it's hard, but once again, ya did good!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oneeyeopen, it sounds like you have BOTH eyes WIDE open.
Yup, yup yup!!!

I stood strong, I did not waver, I did not give into the bullying of the post-binge bear rampaging around.
You are strong and your recovery is shining bright! You did awesome!!!

I'm sorry he is still totally caught up in denial, but so thrilled that you are looking out for yourself and not feeding his addiction. Hugs!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This is a great post. I needed to have learned to say "No" sooner. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((one eye))) you are shining !!!!