OT Bursting at the seams

Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT Bursting at the seams

I have been going back and forth all morning long...do I share or not. My RAS has promised to never ever come back here again, to respect my privacy and for once I believe him. I just cannot contain my excitement any longer. (Sorry Morning Glory...making you do the name change and now giving myself away)
I have been bouncing on the bed, jumping up and down with excitement like a little kid....maybe I just never grew up? :-)
Anyway...my SS just got invited/accepted to the most prestigious annual event in the world for computer animators. All of his idols will be there, all the top artists internationally. The best guys from Pixar, Dreamworks, Disney, Blue Sky, etc.
They will be showing his senior animation thesis (part of the convention includes new up and coming students). It's called Siggraph, in case you know about it. I didn't until now. I asked him which was better...the student Academy Award for a short animation or getting into Siggraph...and the answer was Siggraph. Don't worry, he's still getting the student academy award too...but that's for later :-)
Hubby did the soundtrack too... so it could be an in for him into the film industry for scoring music (his lifelong dream). Plus I wrote a book about 8 yrs. ago called "Raising an Artist" and predicted all of this. At the time, everyone thought, "oh you are just a proud mama with unattainable dreams for your child"...uh-uh! I "knew" it.
I've used some of the techniques of the "Secret" book that is currently getting so much criticism. It really works. I could probably write an entire book on how "the secret" works so well.
Thank you for listening to a very proud mama who is trying desperately not to burst with excitement!
Sitting on a cloud, SM (aka Barb)
I can't legally publish his short animation yet, but if you PM me, I can send you the link. It's 200 megs, even compressed, so only high speed connections will work.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you have alot to be proud of ,i am proud for you.it sounds great..he may be famous. why wouldn't you share such great news? i love good news. i hope a.s. does not interfere & you can stay on this bubble. hugs,
Old 04-03-2007, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

First, I'm doing the happy dance with you Barb and am excited for you and for him...and for hubby, lol.

It's good to hear wonderful news like that.

Second...If I walk past anyone here and appear not to recognize you, I'm not a snob, I just can't keep up with the names.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bluesgirl, think I know who you are. :-) SHHH!
Hope, discussing this gives my identity away, which is why I was sitting on the fence about discussing it.
Ann, thx! You always knew....nothing slips past you, IMHO :-)
****{Hugs}}} to everyone....doing the happy dance!
SM (aka barb)
Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm so happy for you, glad to hear that everything is going so well. still praying for you.

now i'm just as slow as they come, i finally figured out that you changed your name and that i just got a big clue, but i still can't figure this out and i know that i 'm gonna get a headache trying to.LOL
Old 04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bluesgirl, just realized that I never answered your question about the Secret. And you can't search back since all old posts are gone.
Basically it's a new book/DVD about a very old subject. Obviously, I have been using the older versions. :-) This new version of it, called "The Secret" was debuted on Oprah and is a best seller right now. It discusses how your mind is the creator of your reality and how the mind is the powerful influence behind everything.
I first learned about it through Edgar Cayce, who said "the mind is the builder". Then I studied with the Rosicrucians for a bit. It made no sense to me until years later after reading Gary Zukav and Deepok Chopra. Then I learned that we all create our own reality, for the purpose of enlightening our souls, of course.
You can have any future you want, simply by knowing it, picturing it, visualizing it, etc. Most important is "knowing", not wishing or hoping, just "knowing". Does that make sense to you? You have to think of it as already done.
I can only say, it works! And all the critics coming out of the woodwork, are all people wishing they knew how to do it.
Much love, SM
PS...the Secret people forgot to tell everyone that it has to be selfless in nature.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Great News!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

I am totally lost on who's who here. What am I missing?
Please im me and fill me in. I wanna know who I'm talkin' to. lol
I musta missed somethin' somewhere. Are you someone else, too, Secret Mom?
Congrats on the celebrity son. Here's my happy dance...
Old 04-03-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I love hearing good news too!!!!

I would be proud as punch also! Good for you and your family.

I'm doing the happy dance with the rest of the SR codies.

Terri
Old 04-03-2007, 09:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

SM - I'm soooo thrilled for you and your son!! How awesome!!! Hugs
Old 04-03-2007, 09:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

that's very cool - congratulations to your son - i just started reading the secret - it's interesting - the pictures in my mind are pretty clear and then the phone rings with news about the addict and my head fogs - i'm working on it though - it's nice to read something so uplifting - really nice...

love,
s