been thinking...

Old 04-03-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
laurenb

been thinking...

As you can probably tell I am new to all of this. I posted a thread yesterday and had some really helpful responses and appreciate everyone's blessings. My husband left for treatment a little over a week ago. Yesterday was a rough day. I actually got to talk to him for a few minutes and he informed me that he was being moved to the residential apartments and had moved up a step in his program. Am I happy? Of course. Am I ready? No. That phone call just made me realize that he would be coming home in not too long. I am scared to death. I don't know how to act or even what to say and what not to say to him when he returns. Any advice? Just the thought of him being back here is really scary to me.

I have done some research and found a couple of good locations around here for NA meetings. I am going to attend these and hopefully get some of my questions answered.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think that s a good plan, they help a lot. in my opinion, there is not much to do or say, other than be yourself, it is his responsibility to monitor and protect his own sobriety. what you do or say will not cause him to stay clean or use. i think that you are doing so good, keep the focus on you and your recovery and allow him to do the same. i pray that he continues in his recovery and for you to do the same.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hello lauren,

na meetings will be a great step for your own recovery. as far as your husband's return - i suggest that the two of you work together at setting up some boundaries before he comes home. and practice being good listeners. blessings, k
Old 04-03-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it will be scary for him when he comes home also.remember his recovery is his & yours is your.trying to figure out the addict if he is this or that will drive you crazy. it is not yours to do. f.t.f. meeting are good. i am glad you are going to go to some. keep posting,we r here. hugs,hope
Old 04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am new to all of this too and I am still learning. My ah went to rehab 2 weeks ago. I wrote in this am asking the same question. I know what you are going through, I have experienced and am experiencing those same fears about him coming home. Someone suggested I read the sticky property lines. It was extremely helpful to me.

Last edited by bren38; 04-03-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: wrong sticky title
Old 04-04-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
laurenb

Thanks Bren! I will definitely have to check that out.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Unfortunatly I cant give you any advice, im only 16, if i did it would probably be terrible. But I can say that I will keep you and your husband in my prayers!! ((((hugs)))

Mish xoxo
Old 04-04-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
laurenb

Thanks mish!