Taking care of me

Old 04-01-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking care of me

I realized even when Im trying to focus on me the first thing lacking is what I put into my body. I got my blood work back with a list of extra vitamins that will help me with my anxiety. Starting today, Im following the regimine. As well as adding veggies to my diet strong with those vitamins (Bs, calcium, magnesium, zinc and some amino acids.)

In addition I am going to limit my refined sugars and soda intake substuting with water instead(yuck) this is a hard one for me. Also I will sit in the sun 10 minutes a day and exercise atleast 15 minutes a day.

Im going to take care of me from the iside to help with the outside. I knnow from past experience if I stick with this I actually feel like the superwoman I sometimes pretend to be.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Good points of self care all -- but be sure to use sun screen!

Thanks for reminding me of the simple things I must do for myself. I needed it!

Shalom!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that was a very meaningful post for me. Just recently I went to the health food store and bought a detox kit that you use as an internal cleansing to get out body impurities. The lady in the store said a cleansing internally was very important. I must admit that I feel a lot better and am also taking supplements. As far as water goes I found water in a box at my store. It is called aqua2go and it is just like a juice box with a straw and everything.The water has gone through reverse osmosis and it tastes pretty good to me. I like it because the box fits nicely in my purse and isn't all that expensive.....anyway I am beginning to try to care for myself just by doing those little things. My goal is to try walking a bit outside today for exercise. Yes, I will remember your post and make that a goal of mine too..thank you .....dixie
Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CWK...

You are SO RIGHT!!

Recovery involves taking care of ourself physically as well as emotionally. I totally agree.

I joined a gym about 2 years ago. Its been a very healing thing to do. I think you sweat out alot of poisonous toxins...Because I can go in there completely stressed out and walk away happy and peaceful.

Glad you're taking care of yourself Cinders!!
Hugs!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great Post Cinders!

It is reminding me also to take care of myself more.
I love water; so that is not a problem. Try adding some lemon juice to it and it might perk it up a bit.
I also take a vitamin supplement "B stress vitamins" It containes all of the B vitamins important to keep the stress down. I can feel a difference if I forget to take it.
I think I will follow your lead (if you don't mind) about trying to exercise just a little every day.
Thanks
Terri
Old 04-01-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Thanks cinder!

I have been feeling a need to begin a more active, healthy lifestyle as well.

Glad you are stepping out and doing something good for you!

((HUGS))
Old 04-01-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

good for you cindy, keep reminding me to do my exercise, ok. i guess once you feel good on the inside, it begans to work its way outward. still praying for ya.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sounds good cinder. i like to ride my bike when the weather is still cool.go for it !!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just wanted to tell you all. Im still following this plan. Eating right and cutting out junk, drinking a lot more water than usual, taking the extra vitamins and I truly feel the difference.

If time is short and cant exercise I make sure to some stretching, even in my work cubicle if I have to. Walk a little farther in the parking lots ect.

All this is great for our mental and emotion well being.