SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Thursday is the day... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/119878-thursday-day.html)

historyteach 04-01-2007 06:32 AM

Thursday is the day...

Trevor's getting out of prison on Thursday. It's been a year and a half.

The last two times I've spokent to him, he went off on me, swearing. I hung up both times.
I understand he's manic.
I just can't deal with it anymore. :cries3:

He's going to the half way house. His father and I will pay 1/2 for a month. He just asked me for a bike -- before he swore at me, lol!

I think it's best if I just stay away. I don't need a front row seat to this theater... :sad2:

Shalom!

Elana 04-01-2007 06:35 AM

Just sending prayers and best wishes along with it.
Perhaps he will get medication for his bi polar and between that and the half way house he will find recovery.

That is the hope and there is always that hope.

(((Teach)))

marle 04-01-2007 07:00 AM

(((Teach))) Hopefully Trevor will get on the medication that he needs to balance out. I think that you are wise to stay away. Mental illness can be just as much of a challenge as addiction. It is still up to him to get help. Praying for you and for Trevor. Hugs, Marle

BigSis 04-01-2007 07:21 AM

Prayers that Trevor can find his way and can get the resources he needs to be well. (((HistoryTeach)))) ((Trevor))

outonalimb 04-01-2007 07:47 AM

(((((((Teach)))))))))
(((((((Trevor))))))))

You are both in my prayers, Teach.
I hope you can maintain your peace and serenity...
And I pray that Trevor finds his way.

Sending strength, prayers and hugs....

historyteach 04-01-2007 08:28 AM

Thanks for your prayers, everyone.
I'm staying away in the attempt to maintain some serenity. I'd be lying if I said this didn't hurt, though. Because, I'm really coming to an end of what I can tolerate anymore. I've got enough on my plate with my mom being so ill, work and so much more....
But, I will carry on.
Thank you all again.... :grouphug:

Shalom!

havehope 04-01-2007 09:46 AM

Sending prayers for you and your family. Also praying that Trevor will get the help he needs and is on his way to recovery.
Terri

Ann 04-01-2007 09:57 AM

Teach, you have come along way and are wise to keep a healthy distance. My prayers go out for Trevor, that he will find the help he needs and get good medical care.

Hugs and Love :hug:

teke 04-01-2007 11:24 AM

sending prayers your way. glad to hear that trevor is getting out and going to the halfway house. i pray that he'll find his way. keeping all of you in my prayers.

dollydo 04-01-2007 02:40 PM

I really hope Trevor finds his way, and that you continue to be strong. You have alot of recovery under your belt, make sure you use all the tools in your box.

Hugs,
Dolly

frankie_b 04-01-2007 02:52 PM

I hope Trevor makes positive choices for his life. It's all up to him.
Staying away seems a healthy decision. It's never easy teach and I send
hugs and understanding.

hope213 04-01-2007 03:45 PM

i hope trevor can get his meds when he gets out & he will get on the stright path & stay.did he get his meds in prison? my son got his until he decided not take them.when he came home in sept.he chose not to take them at all. i understand the back seat thing.hugs to you & prayers for you both.

hopeforever 04-01-2007 04:43 PM

Praying For Y And Ur Family!!

lil516 04-01-2007 04:52 PM

You and your son are in my prayers...
I hope he has enough recovery tools to head him in the right direction...

(((Hugs)))

tropikgal2 04-01-2007 06:16 PM

I hope that things aren't too hard for you when he gets out. Just make sure you keep your boundaries.
Peace and courage to you, my dear.

sun daisy 04-01-2007 06:57 PM

He might be just as scared of what will happen on the outside, as you are. I think your plan is good, tell him that you are with him on his recovery and then step back and let him make his own decisions. You are in my thoughts.

Wascally Wabbit 04-01-2007 06:59 PM

Hi Teach. Its so hard isn't it, for our children not to be okay.
I have two to deal with.
I have found that I can deal with them better at a distance.
I don't have to be in the middle of the drama any more.

Hangin' In 04-01-2007 07:16 PM

Hey Teach,

Am keeping you and Trevor in my prayers as Thursday draws near. Will pray that God will put him right where he needs to be and somehow provide him with the medication he needs to level him out.

And I'll pray that God will help you and remind you of all you've learned these past few years. Even though this is hard, I know you are in a much better place now as far as dealing with whatever will happen. Oh Teach, just think if we were where we used to be, recovery wise! Yikes!!!! :fright: Makes today look pretty good, doesn't it? :c008:

Hugs,
Hangin' In

blackbird 04-01-2007 07:17 PM

Teach, I am really rooting for your son, a few years back he gave me some advice on my AS going into the Salvation Army, he knew what I was going thru and he also knew what my AS was looking at and he spoke the truth when I needed to hear it, so I really hope he makes it. And for you I know you are probably scared silly about him dealing with this new chapter in his recovery, especially since for the last year and 1/2 you have known what is happening and that does bring some comfort, so I am praying for you too, you have raised a loving boy/man, he has a good chance. If it goes the other way you know what you have to do because you have already done it before and have helped many others here *including me*, to have the courage to take that necessary step to help them help themselves and to save ourselves when theyr'e addiction reaches that point. I really, really hope and pray it all works out well. peace-blackbird

washbe2 04-01-2007 08:20 PM

(((Teach)))
I pray your son can find what he needs to get his life on track. Having my son come to my house right out of prison really didn't work. You're probably wise to not allow that.
I know he needs help and hope he can find the right sources.
May God bless your family.
Washbe