Blogs

Notices

Strong one day---Fragile the next

Old 04-01-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think you're wonderful to be able to share these warnings with other people, Faith, so they won't hit the same traps. That's how we get ahead out here: by sharing what we've been through.

Do you really want to spend your Sunday driving around looking for crackhouses? What will you do if you find him? Or if you see him going into one? Are you willing to get yourself raped or killed in the name of knowing what happened to him?

I realize the not-knowing is maddening for you, but putting yourself in danger like that......really think about what it is you want to get out of actions like that. Is it to help you move on? Is it to help you get him back? (What else do you have to steal, break, or ruin?) In your head, you have some fantasy vision of what will happen if you look for him successfully. What is it? Are you proud of it?

Love,
GL
Old 04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Faith,

Thanks so much for re-enforcing rule #1, never co-sign, put an addict on an account, house or any investment of any type...as you will lose it all in the end.

And as for looking for him, what's the point and why would you place yourself in that danger....

Let go, go on with your life, not his...it is not yours to own or control.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

GoD BLESS U!! URE VERY BRAVE!!
AND I PRAY FOR U
Old 04-01-2007, 08:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The Saga goes on.....

Well, I couldn't hold out any longer, and I'm glad I went. I honestly was stupid enough to think he was dead. I didn't go to the crackhouses, but I went to some of the stores where I suspected he had been. Sure enough, one guy had seen him about noon today. He remembered him because he only bought $2.00 worth of gas. Another guy remembered seeing him earlier this week at a liquor store. I took a picture with me to show them. I told them I was trying to find him so I could get my truck back. I gave some of them the license plate number, and asked them to call me. I also asked them to ask him to call me. I also stopped at a DPS weigh station, filed a report, and asked the officer to look for him. I told him that the guy no longer has insurance on himself or the truck he is driving. I gave him my phone number, and he told me he would see what he could do to help me get the truck back. If it gets impounded, then it's mine. I have paid every payment and every insurance bill on it since "we" have had it.

It will be unfortunate for him if they find dope on him, and they probably will, or at least find him under the influence. I can't worry about that, I am just trying to take care of myself and my property. He's been gone almost three weeks now. I couldn't just sit back and do nothing. I can now let go, but it's not going to be over till this truck issue is resolved. Maybe I'll hear something this week. There should be a missing person's report Monday.

I feel so much better and relieved that he is not dead. Furious at him for being so selfish and inconsiderate, and mad at his lack of responsibility for his own transportation. After all, I helped him get transportation, and this is the payback I get.

This afternoon was worth the trouble for me. Finding out he is alive and just chasing crack somehow gives me closure. So what if he doesn't have a change of clothes. He must be terribly happy doing what he's doing. He gave up all the comforts of home and someone who loves him fiercely, just so he could live "here and there" and chase highs. I can't wait to see him walking!

Rather than sitting here being depressed all day, I finally took charge of my life. This may not work, but it sure makes me feel better.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't really know what to say, except tell him he's going to have to give up the truck. I'm thinking the only way I'll get it is if he gets arrested, and the truck gets impounded.