what to do

Old 03-31-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what to do

My AH soon to be ex moved out a some time ago. I know he is using more H. I'm afraid when he runs out of money he will start to steal from his family. I'm thinking of trying an interventon but I really don't think he will go willingly for treatment. He says he is not ready yet. What does that mean?? when your in jail or dead!! I don't know what else to do .I don't want to be with him anymore but like all of us we just want to see our loved ones healthy with a clear head. I have tried everything I can think of. I don't know if an intervention would help. He admits he has gotten worse. I don't want to get a call that he od or got in trouble , etc. knowing I didn't do ALL i could.

What does it take for them to GET IT?!?!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know last fall my daughter told me that she was not ready to leave the lifestyle. Translation: She was not ready to quit. She had not had enough pain. Since then she has told me twice that she wanted help, yet she went right back to her abf and the using. I know how hard it is to wait. I am a very impatient person and when I wanted something I found a way to get it. But that does not work with addiction. An intervention may work or it may just push him farther away from you and deeper into his addiction. He probably still thinks that he has some control over his using. Or he is afraid and can't imagine his life without drugs. You have to do what you feel is right for you. I send you hugs and prayers. Marle
Old 03-31-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

anvil said it all, keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think an intervention should be called when family and friends have hit "their" rock bottom. How long can you take the abuse? lies? ect. When an intervention is called apon, sometimes addicts are ready, sometimes not. But the opportunity would be there and the love and strength of the family might just be a push for the addict to go.. or not.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R. sorry for the reason.if your husband says he is not ready it means he wants more of the drug & will not give it up.they hit there bottom what ever it is for them,before they realize that is no way to live.read around & keep coming back.prayers for u both.