Who does this guy think he is to judge me?????

Old 03-30-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i kind of think that it might not be a bad pipe to have to smoke. hopefully he'll get the message, now moving right along............... still praying for ya.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
dragon76

Amen! that was my point. maybe he will get it but those type mort of the time dont
Old 03-30-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I think I must have gotten through on some level, because Dr. T's wife (herself also a recovering addict and my closest support in this) just let me know that Mr. Clean called Dr. T this morning asking to meet with him again.

Score one for the home team!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I LOVE what you said in your Email.

My sister is in a church where the men run it. Her husband is an elder. My XAH was a member. My sister is treated poorly by her husband and her son.... (not abused, just sort of ignored and considered unimportant).

ONLY men can be elders and ONLY men can attend voters meetings. If you, as a woman, have an issue in the church, you have to go to a MAN who will bring it up in the Voters meeting IF HE THINKS IT IS IMPORTANT!!!!

A more self important and self righteous bunch I had never met. In 20 years of marriage I NEVER gave them a dime. My Husband would bring it up and I would tell him to go to his bank and give them HIS money because I surely wasn't going to give any out of the Farm Account which was money I helped earn as an EQUAL.

The most fun was when the Pastor asked me for $$ for a cause (or an elder) and I would tell them when women had full rights as full memebers of the church, I would write out a check for $500. They never did. I kept my money.

They had the most "wonderful" double standard. Men had all the power and women were just there to support their man; have babies; clean house; and (you will love this) GO TO WORK AND SUPPLEMENT THE INCOME if necessary.

Women had NO rights. It was a head nod and a wink wink if one of the men philandered.. and a tsk tsk. If a women did she could get tossed out of the church!

I was, and am still, judged by these people for my divorce. Well nutz to them and the horse they rode in on!!!

Needless to say I never joined. My church today has its isssues and a split, but the part I am in is very open minded because they know that it is God's place to judge, now ours and we aren't sure how God would react to one of us taking over HIS JOB! Race, Color, Creed and gender are not reasons to judge.

You tell him like it is Duet! Man oh man I am behind you more than 100% if that is at all possible!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Perhaps you should tell Mr. Clean, that you so admire his wisdom, that you feel your AH should go live with HIM for while, as you are sure he could correct all the character flaws that are destroying your marriage! Tell him you’ll send AH right over!

Sorry your going through this... BTDT, its awful!
JSM
Old 03-30-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by joesentme View Post
Perhaps you should tell Mr. Clean, that you so admire his wisdom, that you feel your AH should go live with HIM for while, as you are sure he could correct all the character flaws that are destroying your marriage! Tell him you’ll send AH right over!
That's kind of what I was attempting to do. I have stayed completely out of Mr. Clean and AH's relationship, until now. But you know, the old mama bear thing just kicked in. Mess with me if you want to, but hands off my boys!!

I thought if I just let Mr. Clean have him for awhile, he would quickly get a clue as to what the truth is. Not!

They say that A's and codies will find each other in a heartbeat given the opportunity. I guess Mr. Clean has 'I will fix you if you do things my way' written all over his forehead, and AH had the radar to find him. It was a train wreck just waiting to happen!