Language of Letting Go - March 29

Old 03-29-2007, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - March 29

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Getting Needs Met

Picture yourself walking through a meadow. There is a path opening before you. As you walk, you feel hungry. Look to your left. There's a fruit tree in full ripe. Pick what you need.

Steps later, you notice you're thirsty. On your right, there's a fresh water spring.

When you are tired, a resting place emerges. When you are lonely, a friend appears to walk with you. When you get lost, a teacher with a map appears.

Before long, you notice the flow: need and supply, desire and fulfillment. Maybe, you wonder, someone gave me the need because someone planned to fulfill it. Maybe I had to feel the need, so I would notice and accept the gift. Maybe closing my eyes to the desire closes my arms to its fulfillment.

Demand and supply, desire and fulfillment -- a continuous cycle, unless we break it. All the necessary supplies have already been planned and provided for this journey.

Today, everything I need shall be supplied to me.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
krhea75

Thanks Ann, I need reminded of how God knows my needs before I do. And you know, now that i think about it, there have been so many of those god-moments during these last three years while my son has been an addict. i know that I have met some amazingly wonderful people. god is good.
krhea