SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   I will miss... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/119597-i-will-miss.html)

historyteach 03-28-2007 05:19 PM

I will miss...

Oh, friends and family of substance abusers....
And all of my friends....
I just heard some news today that is sad...
My neighbor has passed.
He was my friend for 21 years. Always good to me. Even more so when my own marrage went south. He and his wife were friends...really friends...

I will miss my friend, Dick H
A friend of Bill...
And I pray for his wife, Betty H

Please join me; I will miss him much....

L'Chaim!

deedee 03-28-2007 05:23 PM

(((Teach)))

I'm so sorry to hear this and will hold Dick and his family and friends in prayer. He sounds like a wonderful man and I'm glad you shared the blessing of friendship.

love and prayers ~

deedee

tropikgal2 03-28-2007 05:26 PM

I will pray for him and his family and his friends. Life can be so sudden and sad sometimes.

marle 03-28-2007 05:29 PM

Sending prayers for Dick and his family and for you Teach. Hugs, Marle

Morning Glory 03-28-2007 05:30 PM

I'm sorry for your loss Teach.

I will pray for all of you.

Lots of hugs to you through this painful time.

historyteach 03-28-2007 05:34 PM

Thank you....

Deedee, he was indeed a good man...
In many ways, I looked to him as I did my dad.
He was honest and fair; kind and also would tell it just as it was without any BS!
And I could always count on them both. :)

Tropicgal and marle, thank you for your prayers. :e058:
They are well received...

L'Chaim!
(To Life!)

historyteach 03-28-2007 05:35 PM

(((Morning Glory)))

Thank you... :)
I think we posted together..

L'Chaim!

Ann 03-28-2007 05:41 PM

(((Teach))) Special prayers for Dick and all who loved him. His loss may be sad but his memories will bring you happiness forever.

Hugs :hug:

historyteach 03-28-2007 05:48 PM

Yes, Ann...
The memories of my friend will indeed be blessed and filled with happiness.
And I will miss him and grieve for him now.
And life will go on, as always...but it will be just a bit different without him.

L'Chaim!

Brownie 03-28-2007 05:53 PM

Sorry to hear the news about Dick your friend. Yes life will be different but is sounds like you will have many fond memories that can never be taken away from you. Prayers for Dick and his family and friends. (((HUGS)))

lil516 03-28-2007 05:53 PM

So sorry for your loss

my prayers for you and your (((friend)))

mooselips 03-28-2007 05:55 PM

Teach,
Sorry for your loss.
Hug to you,

Elana 03-28-2007 05:56 PM

Sorry for the loss of your dear friend. such friends are wonderful additions to our lives.. adding flavor and texture to the surface of our souls.

prayers for Dick, his family and you.

historyteach 03-28-2007 06:10 PM

Brownie, yes,
I do have many fond memories of him and Betty with myself and with my family before it disintegrated...

Thanks, Lil, Moose, Elana...
I enjoyed talking to him.
He was the "Historian of the Point"
(I live on a peninsula)
And he was a walking encyclopedia of the place. He grew up here in the summers as a child! That was MANY years ago! :e058:

Thanks for letting me share a bit...

L'Chaim!

toreintwo 03-28-2007 06:43 PM

Teach I am so sorry for your loss loosing loved ones hurts.Yesterday I lost my cousin to cancer he was diagnoised three months ago and quietly slipped away.I find comfort knowing that he is now in Gods hands.Many Blessings being sent your way......

cece1960 03-28-2007 06:54 PM

I'm so sorry Teach...
My prayers are with your friend and the family and of course with you.
((((hugs))))
Cece

marteen 03-28-2007 07:56 PM

So sorry for your loss. Sometimes a friend like that can really impact our lives and their loss creates a void.

You have been through a lot lately. Be gentle to you!

greeteachday 03-28-2007 08:04 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers of comfort and strength for you and Betty. Prayers for Dick as well.

cmc 03-28-2007 08:05 PM

****{Teach}}}}
I'm sorry for your loss of such a dear one, and I'll be sending prayers for all who love him to be comforted during this sad time.
hugs,
cmc

duet_4-8 03-28-2007 08:33 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss teach. I will remember you and your friends in my prayers.

(((HUGS)))